Wednesday, November 8, 2017

To Bake Or Not To Bake?

To Bake Or Not To Bake?



Lately I've been obsessed with the urge to bake. I constantly look up recipes online and decided I was going to make Apple Crisp and possibly Corn Pudding for Thanksgiving. I also plan to make chocolate fudge and give some out as Christmas presents this year. I had once gotten into a phase of cooking and I remember cooking banana oat muffins but I ended up eating them all myself.

I really don't know what's gotten into me, I was going to the store with my mom the other day and a light flickered on over my head that I should cook something for Thanksgiving. I love Apple Crisp so I thought that might be fun. I also looked up recipes for Corn Pudding which is another dish I love. They're both rather simple to make too.

Last cooking phase there was an app I was crazy about which was called All Recipes. It's like a cooking and baking version of Pinterest. Users submit their own recipes for other members to try and you find cooking of all levels on there. I printed out some recipes to add to my mini cook notebook and hope to get them all cooked relatively soon. 

I already learned a few things that I somewhat memorized. I realized how easy Biscuits and Gravy really is to make. people seriously just buy the can, stick it on a sheet,bake it and then add the gravy which is ground beef, milk, flour, salt, and pepper. I guess gravy really is just a roux. I also learned how to turn in into a casserole. Will definitely have to make it the next time i'm not on a Vegan diet. I'm cheating come Thanksgiving haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment