Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Sleep Study

Sleep Study




I have been having various doctor appointments lately and 2 were for sleep. I have had many symptoms of having sleep apnea. Memory loss, gastric reflux, Depression, Exhaustion, and dry mouth. I went to a sleep doctor who referred me to a sleep study and a few weeks thereafter went for a sleep study. If you are unaware of what a sleep study entails, It's when you spend the night at a hospital or clinic and they monitor things such as your breathing and heart rate, whether or not you stop breathing in your sleep. Sometimes they end up putting a face mask on.

Well I went for a sleep study last Sunday carried over to early Monday morning. They told me if I stopped breathing they were going to put a CPAP machine mask on me. A CPAP is a machine that pushing air down your breathing passage while the pressure forces your trachea open to stop snoring and keep you breathing. Alas I did in fact need one.

I felt like a million bucks when they woke me up at six in the morning. I was a tad groggy at first but then the feeling was damn near indescribable. I had gone to the lobby for a cup of coffee at their little coffee stand and felt bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Normally 6 am is way too early for me to be getting up but that day I didn't really care to go back to sleep when I finally got home. I stayed awake and folded my laundry while watching a movie and continued to drink coffee I was happy when I got to greet my son and he told me "You need to go away again tonight so i can miss you again" My son can be the sweetest little or biggest stinker of a thing.

I now had to schedule another sleep doctor appointment for the results of the sleep study. To be honest, I hope I can get one of the CPAP machines to improve my sleeping quality. I was actually afraid to go to sleep Monday night because I knew I wouldn't wake up feeling that amazing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment