Tuesday, June 19, 2018

On My Way To A Happier Healthier Me!

On My Way to A Happier Healthier Me!



I read a book called Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin and it scared the crap out of me! I can honestly say the book turned a carnivore like me into a Vegan. I'm doing very well on the diet. No meat or seafood, no animal byproducts such as eggs, milk, cream, cheese, butter. I've been doing very well on it and don't even really miss my old diet. Not to mention i've been starting to lose weight. Last I was weighed I weighed 284 lbs. the biggest i've been was 293. That's when I realized if I don't change, i could die!

I've had many medical problems due to my weight from Planters Fasciitis to Severe Sleep Apnea, and a low blood count out of nowhere. I'm actually surprised I haven't gotten diagnosed with diabetes yet (knock on wood.)

I first started doing exercises. We have a stationary bike in the kitchen (weird place for one I know.) I started riding that here and there for 30-45 minutes. I also started finding excuses to go on walks. One weekend I went for a long walk and got lost. Thanks to Google Maps I found my way home and discovered I walked 12k steps and for a distance of 4.5 miles. I was wow'ed with myself that I did that and it felt amazing to do I started doing more walking.

I bought Shaun T.'s Cize work out dvds and I used those once (been slacking gotta start up again.) Last I weighed myself on my scale I weighed 273. I'm going to go to the doctor today where they're gonna weigh me and they record my weight so i'm going to ask them how much i've lost. It's obvious i've lost weight. Pants that just fit right are now loose, tops that barely covered my stomach where i'd have to hike up my pants now cover my stomach. You can tell i've lost a bit of weight since last year.

Now I can ride the stationary bike for an hour straight. It's easier to use the steps without feeling out of breath. I can walk 3 miles easy with no breathers. I have never felt much better than i'm starting to feel getting my shape back. My goal weight so far is about 200 then my final goal is to weigh 145 like I did in high school. It's a long shot but even if i get to 170 i'll be happy. It's also nice that for the most part, my family is supportive of my journey. they let me go for walks and are willing to watch my son, willing to cook a vegan meal for the family once in a while, watch tv in the living room so I can use the stationary bike. It's very helpful. No matter where you are in your journey, whether you run or walk, you'll get to your destination.

Word of Wisdom:
#SelfLove #DontQuitGetFit #NoPainNoGain

No comments:

Post a Comment