Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Not To My Advantage

Not To My Advantage



I've been having a lot of bad luck. First I get my braces which would make you think yay on the road to being pretty. How about not? Not even 24 hours later a bracket pops off all because i'm trying to pull a strand of hair from my teeth. Before your mind drifts off to dirtville, the hair on my head is long and often gets chomped when I eat. So now on Thursday I have to get it fixed and they're going to charge me $25 for it. Not like the braces are expensive enough.

Need I mention how my dentist tried to play salesman with me yesterday? I use a CPAP machine and often get painful air bubbles in the bottom of my gums. I only asked him if it was normal and then he threw me a pitch without even answering the question. That was rather aggravating so when this braces conundrum is over i'm going to a different dentist.

Another frustrating occurrence would be how I got my CPAP machine in December. On the 16th to be exact. It clearly doesn't work. I'm still exhausted in the morning and have to keep myself going with cup after cup of coffee during the day. I wake up with painful bumps in my gums, an extremely dry mouth, absolutely no energy, and by the time I get home from work at 3:00 p.m. i'm ready for a nap. I also often get migraines from excessive caffeine intake. What else am I supposed to do having no energy? I honestly believe I feel worse than I did before getting that damned machine.

Last but not least. I was due for an Invega injection for my Bi-polar disorder and missed it. I went in early the day of my appointment and the nurse said she could see me. I returned from their internal pharmacy with my prescription and she made me wait 20 minutes. While I was waiting a girl came in to see my psychiatrist. We have the same nurse so my nurse then told me I have to wait until she saw the patients with appointments so I would have to wait until my appointment time. My father had driven me up there and was waiting so I got pissed off and told the secretary i'd come at a later date for the shot.

The event really triggered something in me because I was on a downward spiral from then on due to not getting my meds. I became pretty verbally hostile and provocative. I constantly went off on my mother and sister because I ultimately got tired of the favoritism that goes on with them. I did get my injection a week later and was also able to see my psychiatrist.

The only good thing to happen to me recently was a credit increase on one of my credit cards. I got to buy a few things for myself. A Hogwarts Harry Potter hoodie and lounge pants, a book, few things from the grocery store. It was nice. Of course now the card is maxed out but with tax returns coming up i'll get them paid off soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment