Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Year, New Me

New Year, New Me



With the New Year day passed I have finally decided on a new year resolution. Though many people say their's is to lose weight, I'm accepting of who I am and my weight. If I lose a couple pounds here and there, great. But not on my priority list.

Lately I've been interested in cooking and baking. I made popcorn shrimp Po' Boys for New Years Eve which were amazing! I think it was the random concoction that made up the dressing. A mix of mayo, ketchup, dijon mustard, pickle relish, and a smidge of hot sauce. I couldn't have enough of it. Using Panko crumbs and seasoned breadcrumbs in the coating was really good too. Made it incredibly crunchy. I'll have to remember that next time I fry up a breaded meal.

Yesterday I attempted to make fudge after work. Didn't turn out well. I felt like it was a waste of cocoa powder when I checked it this morning. Bummer, I know. Oh well, practice makes perfect right? So I hope and pray anyway.

On to my resolution, I decided mine will be to become a better cook. I bought myself a baking cookbook from Amazon which I should be receiving this Friday. I'm rather excited about starting to make things I find in it. I really want to try to make pumpkin rolls sometime. yum!

Perhaps i'll even try to read more books than I did in 2017. As it turns out, I read 13-14 last year but I believe I can do better this year. Lord knows I have enough books in my room to last me a lifetime. Not to mention a few novels in my brother's old bedroom; which is actually supposed to be the house Library with it's built in bookcases. I'm working on a few right now. Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone, Practical Magic which i'm almost done with, and Midnight Crossroad which is the novels the television show "Midnight, Texas" was loosely based off of.

My friend sent me a message on Facebook with a bloody brilliant idea. Get a mason jar and every book you complete in 2018 put a dollar into the jar. Then at the end of the year, use that money to buy yourself something bookish (new book, bookmarks, etc...) I'm definitely going to go steal one of my mom's mason jars to do this this year!

What is your New Years resolution for this year? lose weight?, get a forever lasting task done?, new hobby?, budding romance? so much to consider in the new year. Have a great New Year to all of my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment