Thursday, February 15, 2018

Baking: slowly yet surely

Baking: Slowly Yet Surely




Lately i've been in a mood to bake. whether it be cookies, cake, or even doggie biscuits for my furbaby. The most recent thing I baked was a white cake with chocolate buttercream frosting that I found a recipe for that my mother used once. I used a couple heart pans for Valentine's Day and even sprinkles on top which was yummy.

Cooling on the rack

I had made a little "oopsie" and got a little cocoa mixed in with the cake batter but luckily you couldn't really taste it. I needed a couple future reference pointers. Don't spread the frosting out to the ends between layers or the cake halves will slide around. as well as sour cream or buttermilk recipes are better because they make the cakes really moist. Learn something new every day. I didn't do that well with frosting either. I think I frosted the plate more than the cake. Overall I tried and it wasn't too bad being my first cake that i've baked alone. Learned some tricks and at least the cocoa buttercream frosting turned out amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment