Thursday, July 19, 2018

Big 30

Big 30


My birthday was on July 17th. I turned the big three zero. It's a scary concept to leave your twenties behind but it's inevitable. I was also nervous leaving my teens entering my twenties so I will get over it.

My birthday week was decent. My mother took my son and I to our summer home in Port Clinton for the weekend. My son drove me crazy to the point I relapsed on alcohol. The 14th was just a bad day and my son insisted to "test" me. We went out for dinner and being vegan, they didn't have any vegan options at the Mexican restaurant we went to so I decided to have a cheat day. I had a beef and chicken burrito with all the additives (lettuce, tomato, sour cream)on the side I didn't want to make my mom feel bad but not being used to meat anymore the meat tasted unbelievably salty and greasy to my taste buds. I also ordered a $5.99 20 oz. Strawberry Margarita. I had two of them plus finished hers.



We also went to Walmart to pick up a few things. My mom bought me a tank top and a pretty necklace. I managed to score a Linkin Park and Van Halen cds I also scored both Jump Street movies, Indian In The Cupboard, and Pixels in their discounted section. My mom is going to get me a "big" gift too but I just picked out a Lindor Cleveland Indians jersey for $46 since i'm a big Indians fan.

On my actual birthday we just had a little special meal and a vegan cake. My mom made Vegan Pad Thai which was amazing and bought a Vegan Carrot Cake from Whole Foods which was very rich and delicious. My aunt had come over and she even brought me a present of a top and leggings that although cute were nowhere near my size. Regardless it was nice she stopped by and we talked a little about the Bible, and how I'd still like to spend time with her this summer. Maybe go for walks/hikes together. She also expressed how I should get into grooming after seeing my fur-baby's new look.

I haven't drank since the 17th surprisingly and am finding other things to substitute for my alcohol cravings like ginger ale or seltzer water. I can't wait to get my Jersey after my mom's financial problems get figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment