Friday, November 30, 2018

New Chapter

New Chapter



It is time for me to start a new chapter in my life. Two days ago I found out they're terminating my position at work. I'm not being fired; i'm being laid off and they won't be refilling my permission. I was getting paid with a grant and they no longer needed me and cut funding for my permission.

When my boss pulled me aside and told me my last day will be December 28th I wasn't as Devastated as I thought i'd be. We agreed that it just may be a blessing in disguise. It is. I've been wanting to leave this job for a while. I don't like the organization's mindset, I don't like that I can't work full-time, or that I don't get benefits or holiday/vacation pay. The only good thing about working here are most of the people I directly work with. They have been kind, supportive, patient. I won't find a better group of people to surround myself with.

My boss gave me a couple options. 1. I could go through the employment agency with them to find me other employment that I would be better suited for and more utilized with my skills. Option 2. Her supervisor gave me a job offer as a DSP (Direct Support Professional) Pretty much I would work in a group home attending to the people who live there. The problem with that position is it's from 3:00 pm- 11:00 pm so I would not see my son much. They are willing to accommodate that i'm unable to drive and assign me to a home on a bus-line though which  suppose is nice.

I am at a loss. I might be forced to take that position on account of having bills that I need to pay. I don't think it's a very good fit for me though. I am pretty shy around people I don't know, besides I don't know all the details of the job yet.

My mother says I should try the agency route for a while and if it doesn't pan out then accept the job offer. That's probably what I'm going to do. She also said that if i'm not eligible for unemployment she will help pay a few of my bills. I'd really be lost without her.

Hopefully I will attain employment again soon. This will be a step into greater things. I'm actually considering it a nice long vacation. At least until February when my payments are due -gulp-

No comments:

Post a Comment