Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Something's Fishy

Something's Fishy



I have been eating fish a lot lately. Sure that doesn't sound like a big deal but hear me out. I have hated fish for practically my whole life. Well, minus the occasional fish stick lunch in kindergarten. Even then I wasn't really a fan. Then my adult days come and I start trying more seafood. Shrimp, Crab legs. I however couldn't bring myself to try fish. That was, until I was 29 and at a work department dinner for the holidays. They ordered fried Calamari. I have no idea but it smelled amazing and I took a nibble. I liked it and ended up eating damn near the whole plate alone.

The coworker sitting next to me ordered wood smoked salmon. It smelled good and she is all for others trying something new. She gave me a bite sized piece of her Salmon and it was so good! I had it again on a dinner date with my mom that was apart of a trio. Shrimp, Lobster Tail (which I never had before) and the salmon.

The next fish I tried was Perch. My mom, brother, son, and I went to our vacation home and she made it. I was reluctant to try it but I did anyway. It was also delicious! The texture took a little getting used to but it was literally melt in your mouth. The seasoned breading was amazing too.

Yesterday I finally had gotten my bottom braces on so i've been trying to think of gentle foods to eat. That is where I came up with the combo up top. Mashed Taters, Mac N' Cheese, and Fried Cod. I made the mistake of getting two fillets because by the time I finished one and both my sides, I was stuffed. Ended up wasting half of the other.

My point is, how funny it is that your tastes change as you age. I went from never going to try it, to eating it when I feel like trying something new. I'm actually turning into a seafood lover and it's no longer limited to shellfish. What have you eaten that you didn't, in your wildest dreams, think you'd ever like? oh c'mon, I know there's something!

No comments:

Post a Comment