Tuesday, September 6, 2016

5 Reasons Autumn Is The Best Season

5 Reasons Autumn Is The Best Season

Image result for autumn

Autumn (Fall) is the time of year to sit outside huddled in your favorite hoodie with a good book and a nice hot cup of Apple Cider. It's the time to take family pictures at the pumpkin patch or go apple picking in the orchard. The weather cools off from a humid summer season and the leaves begin to make their magical transformations from green to orange to red as they fall from the tree canopies overhead. Sure that means you have to rake the leaves before the winter season but there's even joy in that, Raking huge piles to let your kids play and jump in the leaves always seems to bring some amount of joy. There's also two wonderful Autumn holidays to look forward to during the season. One of which is my favorite holiday of the whole year. I will tell you 5 reasons why autumn is the best season of the year.

1. It's hoodie season! Who doesn't want to pull on their favorite hoodie, cardigan, or sweater and walk around the neighborhood admiring the trees? I love being able to wear my hoodie and a pair of jeans to enjoy the weather with a nice long walk or sitting on the front porch while my son plays with the falling leaves. Leaving the summer behind for another year we just want to have a bonfire and knock back a couple of pumpkin ale beers to revel in the new season and provide a nice cup of apple cider and glazed doughnut holes to the kiddos.

2. The changing colors of the leaves! Nothing is better than going outside daily to see how much the environment around you changed in a single night. Every day it looks like a different place and you don't even have to leave the comfort of your front lawn. Just close your eyes and breathe in the clean crisp air with the gentle leafy scent of wet grass and fresh fallen leaf the aroma can leave you hypnotized.

3. The various foods! Autumn is the time of being thankful and how else would you be thankful than indulging in the guilty pleasures of food? Thanksgiving is in Autumn and is the perfect time to surround yourself in the pleasant company of good food, family, and friends."Did you try Grandma's green bean casserole or Aunt Jemma's Stuffing?" Don't forget the turkey that can be cooked in so many different ways! The Pumpkin and Sweet Potato pies are very popular with the crowd this time of year also. I like stuffing with water chestnuts and gelatinous cranberry sauce and obviously the big juicy turkey meat.

4. Halloween is in Autumn! Who's favorite holiday is Halloween? I love thinking up ideas for costumes which i usually do in September. I love to see all the decorations being put out in store and on front lawns. My favorite thing about Halloween is to pass out candy to the Trick Or Treaters. I love seeing what costumes they come up with and you do tend to see some adorable ones. I also love taking my son Trick or Treating down East Scarborough in Cleveland Heights, Ohio They go all out on decor on that street. It's cute hearing my little 4 year old son say "Trick or Treat?" as we go door to door. We usually dress up as mother/son group costumes because he completes me Actually thinking of dressing up as character and dinosaur from Jurassic World this year and it's always popular with the houses we go to that even I get candy. The sugar rush we get that night is outstanding!

5. Perfect Family Time Season! My son is my world and it's tough being a single mother but there's twice the joy you get doing so especially in the Autumn. I love taking my son on walks around the block to look at the trees or play in the fallen leaves with him. Eventually I want to take him to a pumpkin patch and go for a hay ride and possibly an apple orchard. I like taking him Trick or Treating on Halloween and on Thanksgiving when it's my turn to say what i'm grateful for it's always him. I remember my dad taking me to haunted houses when I was little and watching scary movies with me in the living room with a fire ablaze in the fireplace or raking the leaves into humongous piles and letting me swim in them. Or going to a bonfire and having a few beers with some good friends. It's the perfect time of year to be around your family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment