Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Next Steps

Next Steps


Yesterday I went to Tri-C to get some stuff taken care of. The Access Office decided to take me on. I will now get provided a calculator for all math purposes, I get 1.5x more time on all tests and exams, I get to audio record my lectures and in case I'm feeling overwhelmed or stressed I get permitted a 15 minute break during all classes. This will help me a great deal since I have trouble focusing and have a bad memory. my math is also not my strongest subject and I tend to get stressed and overwhelmed easily when under pressure. He advised me to look into long-term counseling because their staff counselors are mainly just in case you're having a bad day.

As for my Financial Aid, I need my 2015 Tax Transcript which I have to call the IRS for and I must complete another FAFSA for the 2016/2017 year I guess when I completed my FAFSA, I did so for the 2017/2018 year. OOPS! Well I at least have everything written down that I need to do and will get the financial aid stuff completed sometime later this or next week with my mom's assistance.

Finally, I have to do the Placement Prep for my Placement Tests which includes a short lecture and a practice test. It would have taken 2 hours so I decided not to do it yesterday. It is possible to do online so perhaps next Monday I will go to the local Library to do it since there isn't a working printer at home. I will then have to take the practice tests with me when I go in to do the actual test. but I had gotten an Accommodation Letter from the Access Office so I get more time and a calculator for the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment