Thursday, March 2, 2017

Beauty And The Beast

Beauty And The Beast

image courtesy of Google Images


So There's already many controversies circulating around the 2017 release of the live-action adaptation of Disney's Beauty And The Beast. It has driven up wildfire from "Emma isn't wearing a corset dress?" "Mrs. Pott's face is on the side of the pot as opposed to the front like in the original?" "I don't like how they did chip" and now it's "Le Fou is gay?" What is Disney doing? There is a battle between is Emma Watson worthy enough to be the NEXT iconic Belle. I believe they did a bang-up job with a star studded cast with talents such as Ewan McGreggor (Lumiere), Kevin Klein (Maurice), Emma Thompson (Mrs. Potts), Luke Evans (Gaston), Emma Watson (Belle), Ian McKellan (Cogsworth), and Stanley Tucci (Cadenza) who was a character in Beauty and The Beast Enchanted Christmas also known as Forte.

The Corset Dress: What are corset dresses? they really just give you a ridiculously skinny inhuman waisteline in my opinion and you know what? I applaud Emma for refusing to wear one! Belle is a heroine in her own right she brings the beast back to humanity that he has lost from the years of anger and solitude. There are many physical demands in her role and she is being an idol for young girls by making a statement. you are beautiful just the way you are. you don't have to change your body to fit societies standards, make society fit yours. way to go Emma Watson for making a stand!

Mrs. Potts' New Look: Now as for Mrs. Pott's new fashion statement I suppose it was difficult figuring out how you were going to make it more realistic but how many faces do you see on tea pots? I think they should have kept the same charm as in the animated version with Mrs. Potts personally. The side of the pot face just doesn't fit to me. it doesn't make sense in any way as is as an enchanted prop or not they should of kept the original element to the character. however, I believe Emma Thompson will execute the role of Mrs. Potts very well.

Chip's New Bravado: Unlike Mrs. Potts, I liked Chip's makeover. He actually looks like he has the soul of a child stuck inside of a chipped teacup. It's creepy in a way yet very satisfying at the same time. Nathan Mack was a good choice for this role, he's still innocent to the realms of the Hollywood hooks and has a bright future ahead of him. I'm excited to see what he brings to the table.

Le Fou's Sexuality: This is the newest conflict out. who cares if Le Fou is gay? He's not a prime character and to be honest I always thought the cartoon one was gay also. I commend Disney for going this route but couldn't they have done it with a more superior character? don't get me wrong I loved Le Fou and I'm curious to see how Josh Gad lightens up the room with his comedic overture. Does this have something to do with the man behind the character? kind of makes you think for a moment. I love the LGBT community so for this statement to come out gives me a better trust in Disney and what they might do in the future of movies It's about time there were maybe a gay prince or princess don't you think Disney?

Is Emma Watson Worthy Of The Belle Title?: I say, ABSOLUTELY! Emma Watson is a strong outspoken woman, she looks innocent but she will attack if threatened. she has a strong will about her as does the animated Disney princess we know and love so dearly. I greatly believe belle would be the sort to stand up for women's rights and refuse corset dresses that promote a specific body image. In the animated film Belle had a strong yet feminine and sensitive voice. I think Emma reverberates that perfectly as does her singing it's soft and sensitive and brings out another side to the character that Emma made her own. All I can say is before you jump up and say "Anne Hathaway (who is too old for the part) should've been casted as Belle, give Emma a chance, she just may surprise you!

I'm very excited to see this adaptation of one of my all-time favorite childhood Disney movies. I hope the star studded cast doesn't disappoint and all the skeptics can rest easy and enjoy the film without the backlash after the premier.

No comments:

Post a Comment