Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Another Day In The Life of Me

Another Day In The Life of Me



So my mother, sister, and my son got back from the vacation home yesterday and as soon as I saw my mother and sister the depression hit me. I went into the house and grabbed a beer. I'm trying not to drink too much for a couple of reasons. 1. it's very unhealthy. and 2. I can only afford the little beer I have at home, I have no money to buy more beer. My mom gave my son a bath when I haven't gotten to shower yet and he was in there for over an hour just playing with the water and the faucet. She came downstairs and told me to sit with him for 15 more minutes. Since I hadn't taken a shower yet and he was just playing with the water anyway and had been in there for a long time, I had told him to get out of the tub in which case he threw his toys at me. I got angry and made him get out of the tub. As soon as he started crying my mother comes upstairs saying "that wasn't nice, you could've sat with him for 15 more minutes" I had told her "He's been in there a long time already and other people need to take showers, I hadn't had a shower yet" It was almost 7 at that point and his bed time is around 8:00 - 8:30 PM she replied "oh poor you" so I got aggravated and stomped down the stairs and told her I wish she had stayed in port clinton because I was happier when she was there. It was true, I was. I did all the laundry, I only drank a little and it wasn't the first thing I did when I got home. in fact I had a few seltzer waters sitting by the stairs and would chose a water to drink over drinking beer. I did the dishes multiple times a day because I felt there were never enough to fill the dishwasher, I swept up the kitchen, I soaked the counter mats, I picked up the living-room. I didn't complain, and I even cooked a meal for my father and myself Monday evening. I was temporarily cured of my substantial depression for a few days. I felt confident and like an independent adult, like my father and I were a team. My mother comes home and immediately takes over parenting my son. I had told her. "i'm the bad parent and you're the good parent and I wonder who is the parent even anymore". I'm tired that she takes over parenting my son. and blocks me out. when he's crying she'll hold him and when I try to get him she won't let me take him and other things like that. My father is well aware of what she does but won't confront her about it unless they're both drunk. He tries to avoid arguments when he's sober and will just agree with everything she says so she will stop. I got so pissed-off after I stomped downstairs and vented to my father I isolated myself in the craft room which is off the kitchen hallway and closed the door and began blasting Rob Zombie songs as loud as my laptop speakers would let me. Was I wrong for getting upset? I know I was wrong for telling her she should have stayed in Port Clinton because I was happier without her, even though it was true according to my mental health discovery. I'll take full responsibility for that but, what would you do in a similar situation if your mother was trying to take over raising the one thing that means anything to you in the dark world you live in? About an hour after the argument everything went back to normal we made jokes we talked about other topics. and she offered to help me with my FAFSA for college the next day after I get home from work. I guess she doesn't really take the mean things I say too close to heart (thankfully).

No comments:

Post a Comment