Thursday, March 9, 2017

A Good Person!

A Good Person!




In the wake of my somewhat depressing post I have had an anonymous comment and I will quote it below.

"You are never a burden not now when you are sad and miserable not when you are happy and excited not when you miss your meds. You are a good mom, a good person, a great friend. You are loved it can't tell you that it's by everyone you want but your children love you and I love you. Don't ever forget you are needed and cherished and loved." - Anonymous 


Now I don't know who you are but this had gotten me thinking. You are right! I am a damn good person! I am human and all humans are in need of improvement in one way or another. perhaps my parents just don't appreciate me. They never will and you know what? it's their loss really. I try to be a good friend, I know even that can use a little improvement at times. I have been blessed with many friends and people who accept me as the messed up person that I am and don't expect any more from me. If  I was such a bad person as my parents like to claim, why do I have so many good friends? some I went to high school with and are always willing to lend an ear whenever I need to vent. Sure I don't go out much but I work and I am a single mother and soon I will be attending college so not really the time and I don't care to try and date.


I do good deeds at work. My co-worker Susan is always really nice to me, she'll lend me money for lunch whenever i'm hungry and at times without expecting to have the money returned to her. I had bought her a coffee mug because she didn't have one at work she always took her coffee in styrofoam cups so I told her "one day i'm going to buy you a coffee mug" I also told her this morning that I would like to buy lunch for her today. They were both tokens of appreciation. I call out whenever she wants to order and I don't ask for anything in return. I even pick up all the food from across the street every thursday for everyone who orders from the department.


I offer to do things to help out around the house since my parents are older (not that they appreciate it apparently) it's not like my brother ever offers to lend a hand. I take trash that's collecting in the house to the garage or take it out on Monday Evenings, I occasionally do the dishes or at least put them away. I sweep up messes on the floor that my son makes When i'm asked to do something, I do it and all I get back is backlash and how I don't do anything.


My brother and I took my puppy to the local shelter last Monday to get Spayed and I offered to buy him breakfast just because he had to wake up early to take me. I was going to buy myself a coffee but then I got a craving for a Sausage McGriddle so I asked him if he was hungry. I had no catches. We were already on our way and he wanted to stop to use the bathroom.


I try to keep good relationships with my biological family, at least those who care to have a relationship anyway. I've found ways to bond with both my aunt and my uncle on my birth father's side. I talk occasionally to one of my maternal cousins which I will admit I could talk to more. Like I said, I'm human and need improvement. My aunt and I bond over things like travel and ancestry while my uncle and I bond over just being silly and gutter-minded we share laughs and jokes.


I feel for animals. I'm a bit of an animal lover and hate to see animals suffer. I felt so bad when I picked up my fur-daughter from the shelter. She was so weak and drowsy I cuddled her and held her close the whole way home. The TV commercials about donating to animal societies always make me tear up and if I could afford the $19 or so a month i'd totally sign up to become a donor.


I'm full of love and life, I can take a joke and you always see me laughing at myself. I take my mental illness seriously but lightly at the same time. I'm always making jokes that I have premature Alzheimer's when I lose something such as my e-cigarette. I love my puppy and son unconditionally. I know i'm not the best mom but I love my boy with my whole heart and he's my everything. I love to cuddle with him and give him kisses and watch him flourish and grow. He's so smart and handsome, i'd like to think I had a hand in that somewhere. I love my friends and they love me and all my craziness and I wear my heart on my sleeve all the time.


I don't waste anything I hate to throw stuff out whether it's food or art my son made or anything sentimental. I still even have art my son Gabriel made me when he was three years old. he's almost eight now. i'm a very sentimental person. I eat all the food I take at meals because I hate wasting food. might be why i'm kinda on the chubby side haha!


Overall I would say i'm a pretty damn good person so if people can't see it, that's their own damn problem not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment