Friday, March 31, 2017

The Sick Life

The Sick Life

So for the last month I have been sick. It all started with what I thought was a typical cold. It was your normal coughing and sneezing, a bit of a runny and stuffy nose. I was constantly drinking tea with honey in it I stopped drinking my love (beer) for about a week or so. After the sneezing subsided I broke out into coughing fits especially at night. my throat wasn't sore but my chest seemed to be congested and I was always tired. About 2 weeks later I went to my psychiatrist and she upped one of my medications that is supposed to help me lose weight and warned me that upping it from 50 milligrams twice a day to 100 milligrams twice a day may make me feel sick. She wasn't exaggerating. I don't know if this is because of the meds or not but at night when I lay down to go to bed and throughout the night my throat fills up with vomiting like acids and I get the constant urge to vomit. That's been going on for the last few weeks though but for the last week or so I have been vomiting more often and the last week i've vomited maybe 3 or 4 times. It's horrible! My 4 year old son laughs and says "ha-ha you're sick" and mocks my vomiting sounds which makes me feel even worse and at times guilty. I'm not throwing up on purpose. In the late night/Very Early morning I vomited in my bed because I didn't make it to the bathroom. I took a shower because I got vomit in my hair and had work in the morning and then I changed the sheets. I now have twice as much laundry to get done when I get home from work. Unfortunately I'm under an Independent Contract at work so I don't get paid sick days. If I want a full pay check, I have to work those hours. It's a bit of a con of my employment. I'm starting to think I will never get better. I won't really get to relax this weekend either because we have so much going on. This royally sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment