Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Good and Bad Impressions

Good And Bad Impressions



There's been many controversies around children wearing makeup. When I was a child I had little makeup but it was nothing that was prominent and would stand out or even stay on for that matter and I never even had an idea of what I was even doing really. I had those little children play makeup kits that came with plastic pearl necklaces and bangles. I'm an adult now and still have no concept of contouring and highlighting and barely the use of eyeliner. Now you can go on YouTube and watch little girls as young as 3 years old doing makeup tutorials with items such as highlighters and foundations and to the extremes of contouring. Call me old fashioned but this just doesn't sit right with me. Children are easily impressioned and too young to have to follow society's standards not to mention their skin is overly delicate. who knows what that makeup is doing to their poor skin. A friend of mine agrees that it is rather disturbing. I am going to show you to a video  that we both found highly disturbing to watch.



Does this look like a child "playing" with makeup? I believe this child actually knows what she's doing and that's unbelievably sad! some people who commented on the post my friend posted on her timeline applauded the girl's skills and said that she will have a bright future in makeup. Perhaps that is so. But what I see is a child being robbed of her childhood by being exposed to society's standards too soon. What child needs to worry about her looks at what, maybe 4 years old. my friend stated and I quote anonymously "Little girls should not be doing full blown makeup tutorials especially when they still got similac on their breath" Now that may have been used a little unorthodoxly but it's true she's still just a baby. Someone who commented on that post gave the little girl props and said she lets her kids play with makeup and gives them tips. well great tell them to hide their true beauty. They can't decide for themselves whether or not they want to wear makeup? If I had a daughter she wouldn't be touching real makeup until she was 14 and even then it would only be a little concealer maybe foundation a natural lipcolor and eyeliner we're not going crazy here there will not be any contouring and highlighters and junk you can keep it natural because natural is beautiful too. When she get's a job she could buy whatever makeup she wants and watch the tutorials on YouTube to learn how to use it. I just find this form of "beauty" to be a form of child abuse. children should accept themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment