Thursday, April 27, 2017

Too Young For This

Too Young For This



I am 28 years old and the medical problems just keep multiplying. I was in Port Clinton, Ohio last few days with my mother and my son. I had a very hard time moving around and ended up feeling completely useless. I could barely walk my son to the little playground at the camp grounds for him to play and get some of his energy out. I get weakness and pains in my legs they feel very achy. I sat down at a picnic table and watched him from a distance. It's bad enough that I have so many mental health issues but now a physical toll? It's ridiculous! On our way back, I had to stop and sit down even though we were only 10 feet away from our mobile home. My brother had met us up there and we took my son to the library and then to another more extravagant playground and all I could do was sit at a picnic table there and watch. I couldn't walk around and interact with him while he played. We got home to Cleveland, Ohio and I had to do laundry. I went upstairs to gather my laundry in a basket and brought it down one floor. I had to take about a 10 minute break because of my legs and chest pains before I was able to take the laundry down another level of the house to get it in the washer. I struggled coming up the stairs after getting the load in the wash. My mother felt terrible for me and offered to be my ride to and from work the whole week. I know she feels horrible that there's nothing she can do for her struggling baby daughter (I'm the youngest of six) I have an EMG scheduled for May 1st. They will be poking my legs checking for Neuropathy and nerve damage. This will be my second EMG. I also have an appointment with my primary care physician coming up in May but my mother said to make one sooner since my leg problems are getting worse and I'm having a hard time breathing when I exert myself. It feels like I'm suffocating at times. I can't seem to get all the oxygen my body is wanting and it gives me chest pains. I was on Topamax and that is where the leg problems began but they've gotten worse since coming off of the medication. I'm afraid that i'm going to have these problems forever and won't be able to walk well the rest of my life. I will be missing out on a lot. like Trick-or-Treating with my son for Halloween or even getting in better shape and losing some weight. I can only pray that God will help me out a little and ease my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment