Thursday, April 13, 2017

First Steps To Independence

First Steps To Independence


With all the drama at home I've decided it's time to leave the nest. A friend of mine came out of the woodwork and reached out to me. I have known her since high school and she said I could move in with her if I want/need to. It's really nice to know I have friends that are willing to help me out. After my son Tristan is done with school for the year I plan on making the big move which will be good for him and me mentally and emotionally. Perhaps it will improve our moods and the relationship I have with my family. It's a step to me becoming more independent. There I will be able to learn more finances and to cook. My friend doesn't drink so perhaps I won't even drink anymore (hopefully) and she'll keep me in check and doing what I have to do. I already discovered how I will be able to get to doctor appointments I just need to figure out Tristan's school for the next year. He's going to a great school with an amazing staff and I don't want to tear him away from that. I'm going to run an idea by my mom to ensure his schooling opportunities aren't affected by the move and next year, when he starts kindergarden, I'll send him to a charter school. I am positive things will take an upward turn for us and I can focus on my son, my mental health, and my independence as a woman and getting a place of my very own to raise him the way I want to raise my son. I believe we will flourish! I'm not gonna get into the fight. They are all practically the same, I get targeted and end up miserable and then things go back to the way they always have the next day. the inconsistency is driving me nuts. I live in the most bi-polar family ever to walk earth! I need a change and even though i'm afraid of the unknown, to ensure my son's happiness is what any good mother would do. he is miserable every day and acts out because he can't appropriately react to the negativity that's constantly unfolding around him. he needs some positivity in his life and it's up to his mother to give him that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment