Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Shopaholic or Impulsive Shopper?

Shopaholic Or Impulsive Shopper?



So I've been told I'm a shopaholic by friends and family. But could I just be an Impulsive shopper? Luckily I haven't gotten into too much trouble with my spending. I've controlled myself enough to not get caught up in maxing out more than 2 cards. Which thank you to the US Treasury releasing my Income Tax Return, I have finally paid off. I just paid it off two days ago and already spent another $200 on one of my cards. I still have $100 left of my Tax Return to replace it and reorganized my budget so I can pay the rest of the balance off in about a month as long as I buy nothing else (good luck to me with that) that is not needed or in my budget. I got to thinking with my latest purchases though. are some of the things things I even need or are they Impulsive buys? I recently bought my mom a 6-in-1 stereo system with a Bluetooth player and turn table for the vacation home which I had promised her I would buy her and I always try to keep good on my promises. Some of the other things however make me wonder. I bought a 128GB memory card for my new phone before I even ordered my phone and the case even arrived the day I first ordered my phone. I was downright set on what phone I was getting. were those practical buys? How about the 1TB Portable hardrive I purchased because I was running out of space on my other ones with all the content I had on it? I suppose that one makes sense. but this one gets me. I bought two, not one, two build-a-bear work shop bears online for myself including their outfits. I had gotten the Belle and Beast inspired Beauty and The Beast bears that are popular right now. What do I intend to do with them? stick them on my bookshelf with my other treasured stuffed animals and claim to my parents that I got the Beast one for my son Tristan (Maury determined that was a lie). They really were a pointless fandom purchase.

I  buy a lot of crap honestly I bought earphones and earphones caps that I was only going to use until a different pair of earphones came and other things like that. I go to the Library where they have a little book shop there and buy books I'll probably never read but only because I like the smell of old paper. I like to buy jewelry I will never wear or only wear once. I once bought really neat eye-shadow from an online retailer and only used one of them on one occasion and spent $50 on the makeup. Now that I think about it. it's a very annoying habit to have and is probably a reason why I'm single other than because I'd prefer to be at this point in life. Do you ever sit there and ponder your habits or things you don't like about yourself? I'm a great person and have plenty of amazing qualities... this just isn't one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment