Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Procrastination

Procrastination


One thing I tend to be very good at is putting things off and procrastinating. I start college in May and still have a lot to do to get ready. My roller backpack came in the mail yesterday. It wasn't the one I fell in love with but that's because it was no longer available. I put off my pre-placement test, taking care of my FAFSA, calling the IRS for my 2015 Tax Transcript, and taking my placement test(s). I feel awful and now I'm feeling overwhelmed and stressed out which I know is my own damn fault for putting it off. Today I have an appointment with my psychiatrist and one thing I did remember was the outline from the Access Office for the information they need from her for me to be eligible for their services. I remembered to pack the guideline in my purse last night. Now lets just hope I remember to give it to my psychiatrist along with my counselor's email at my appointment today. Also my mother bought a new printer which is coming in the mail today so I'll be able to complete the pre-test at home instead of making a trip to the library. It's only a matter of getting the motivation to do it. Then I have to go to the Eastern Campus of my college to actually take the placement exam. which will be time consuming. I have to get everything figured out with the Financial Aid Office and buy my supplies and enroll in my classes, I'm afraid I might not be able to begin college until the fall because of my recklessness and procrationation. Not that it would be a horrible outcome. I'd be able to start a regular school year and work at a normal pace but my biggest fear is by then I'd be unmotivated to even attend and further my career. I'm in desperate need of a giant shove in the right direction and some inspirational support. I need to get these things accomplished. I'd feel much better like a weight has been lifted. I know deep down I want to do this and get my son and I into a better living situation and a better more stable future for ourselves but it's just bringing myself to the reality of pushing myself to take the first steps to get there. I'm so lazy and I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment