Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Weekend Bliss

Weekend Bliss



With how perfect this weekend was, you'd think I was living in a world like in the above image. Sadly no, I was at home with my father. the blissful portion was I discovered something about myself and my bi-polar triggers. I am nearly cured when my sister and my mother go out of town. How, do you ask? I get way more done! Shall I elaborate? Well... My mother and sister took my nephew Julian to our vacation home in Port Clinton, Ohio from Friday to Sunday. In that time I manage to get my laundry done as well as all the laundry in the house, I also cleaned up the kitchen and swept the floor and did the dishes and soaked the counter mats. I woke up one morning feeling completely refreshed and before even having a cup of coffee I managed to do a load of laundry and washed a decent amount of dishes by hand because I felt that there were never really enough to load the dishwasher so why waste the water and the time waiting for it to finish? I overall felt happier.

My father and I see eye-to eye on a lot of things these days and we don't fight unless we've both been drinking too much in which case it's whatever because both our memories are fuzzy in the morning and it's easy to forgive and forget. My father treats me like an adult and thanks me for things I do. However when my sister and mother are around I'm feeling depressed and annoyed 90% of the time, My sister is very nosy and attached to my mother at the hip even though she's almost 35 years old. and my mother treats me like an irresponsible child. It takes me three days to get through my own load of laundry from washed to folded and you can forget about me cooking or cleaning. Sunday morning I had swept the floor, given my son a bath, did the dishes and finished the laundry all before my mother and sister got home to pick him up on Sunday afternoon. My father even showed his gratitude for the work I had done, I worked so hard on the household chores from Friday to Sunday sweeping up the floors he wanted me to sweep, straightening out the living-room area and such, that he ultimately didn't make me do a damn thing on Monday. He offered to do the dishes and made my brother take out the trash so I wouldn't have to. I spent the day listening to music, burning movies, and downloading games onto my laptop since my son was gone Sunday afternoon until Tuesday morning and my poor fur-daughter Pessa was at the animal shelter getting Spayed and was gone most of the day. I even made an easy meal for my father and I Monday night. I didn't have anyone being rudely sarcastic to me, showing me they had no faith that I could do the right thing, It was a blissful weekend.

Pretty much what I have discovered about myself is that I am able to be independent under the right circumstances and in the right environment. I'm not sure if it's my meds or it's because I was liberated of the negative energy for a few well needed days. It was mentally freeing and I am looking forward to the next time they go out of town to spend even more one-on-one time with my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment