Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Alienware Gaming

Alienware Gaming


Property of Alienware

So I bought an Alienware 17 R4 Laptop from Dell and I will admit that at the beginning I had a lot of issues with it. When I first unpacked it I couldn't find the power cord for 30 minutes because unlike other laptops where it's obviously exposed to your view, the Alienware power cord was tucked away inside the binding of the box and out of view. This is my first Alienware product so I wasn't aware of how they package the items. Well I finally found the power cord and plugged my laptop into an outlet. I didn't really start setting up and personalizing my new laptop until the next day.


The next day after I moved the surprisingly lightweight laptop into another room and plugged it in I began setup and personalization. I linked my OneDrive but the first hardrive didn't save it all. It was very small space available. Luckily I discovered there was another 986 GB hardrive in the laptop and that made all my frustrations go away. I downloaded all the programs I wanted and updated all the software. My former foster brother assisted me with a driver that could customize the lit up external features such as touchpad, keyboard, LED sides, power button, and logo on the back. I love purple so I made all purple except for the keyboard that I left to morph different colors. The only annoying thing about this laptop is it only has 2 USB ports which I find unusual for a gaming laptop so all I can connect to it are my disc burning disc drive and my wired mouse for my SIMS playing time. otherwise to connect anything else USB-wise I have to remove something. I have come comfortable with how my laptop functions. The graphics are amazing and it even has an eye tracking feature that will light up the screen on its own when you sit down and dim the screen when you're looking away for a period of time. I found that a little creepy but really cool. The sound reaches pretty loud levels and it's compatible with practically everything. I haven't tested Star Wars: Battlefront on it yet which I probably will do when I get home. Overall I love this laptop and would highly recommend it if you like sleek style laptops and great sound and graphics. I use Microsoft office on it and itunes and I do various downloading as well. I bought a 3 year damage and service plan on it and It's sturdy so as long as my little boy keeps his hands off it, it should last a long time. I will definitely look into Alienware laptops in the future.


*Note* I was not paid for or solicited for my personal review of the product. I paid for the Laptop with my personal funds and just so in love with it I had to share!*

No comments:

Post a Comment