Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Out Of The Ordinary

Out Of The Ordinary


I am a mystery to myself. Most days i'm extremely lazy and groan when I am asked to do things but there are a rare few occasions when i'm bright eyed and bushy tailed and extremely productive like I was yesterday. Last saturday my mother and sister took my nephew and oldest foster brother to our family's summer home in Port Clinton, Ohio. I didn't get much done Saturday or Sunday, but monday I was on fire getting things done. I suppose I'm generally happier when my mother and sister aren't home. My father asked me to pick up my son's toys while he was out shopping. This is the order in how I achieved a lot. I finished filling up and ran the dishwasher. I put my son's toys away like my father asked. I washed a few dishes that didn't make it to the washer by hand. I cleaned up the kitchen a bit. I unloaded the washer when it was finished and loaded a few more random dishes because we had run out of liquid dish soap to wash them by hand. I was working on my budget when my father got home. I collected my dirty laundry and got it into the wash. My mother and sister came home shortly after my father and then drama ensued. I had been proud of myself for doing so much but upset at some of my mother's actions so I went into my bedroom. While I was in my bedroom I put my new bed set on my bed finally and made it look nice.

I cleared off my desk because I was planning to take all my new computer equipment upstairs to my room, Which I did do and organized later on. I even picked up my room a bit. My son came upstairs and visited me after I had finished and I was just laying on my bed at that point. We talked and had a tickle fight. He left the room briefly and came back with the fan from my foster brothers room and he had plugged it in, put it on, and aimed it at me. He also gave me a kiss on the forehead before leaving the room. I had went downstairs to switch my load from the washer to the dryer and kept an eye on it so when it was done I could fold it. Little did I know I'd be putting it away that day too. I stayed upstairs most of the evening because I was very upset with how my Memorial Day turned out. I took a shower and my son came in while I was preparing for bed. He told me to get in bed, re-aimed the fan at me, put on my lamp, and handed me the book i've been reading lately then left the room. I read for an hour or so then turned off the light and laid down because I was assuming he was asleep with his grandmother. He came in again saying he wanted to sleep with me and hopped into bed where we talked, cuddled, and eventually fell asleep. The day was full of productivity for me as well as love from my son. I was amazed and so very proud of him for taking care of me that evening. He had made my night a bit brighter and I would be lost without my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment