Thursday, June 1, 2017

Racking Up The Expenses

Racking Up The Expenses


So i'm on Medicaid and with all my problems lately i've been racking up the expenses as it were. My Medicaid has picked up the tab all the time until I had went to the dentist yesterday. I got a cleaning done and the dentist told me his plans for my teeth. My teeth are whiter at least but the rest makes you shit yourself when you think of how everything is considered "cosmetic" and won't be paid for by your insurance. The plan you may ask? He wants me to get a Night Guard because apparently I grind my teeth in my sleep. You'd think "well that's not too bad" but wait, there's more! He also wants to put a splint in my jaw that will correct my horrible overbite. There's also the fact that he may require me to wear braces if I can't get those invisalign caps to gradually straighten out my teeth. 

Why did my Medicaid have to make my dentist a cosmetic dentist? So you could only guess what is going on in his head... "I can do this, this, and this to make her smile more physically appealing" I really hope he's nice enough to set up a payment plan with me. I'm going to do it because maybe having better teeth will make me happier and more self confident. At the same time though, wearing braces is going to suck! I sure won't have much confidence then. I am too old for braces. In my eyes that's a monumental teenager milestone. Alas, the day I can get them removed will be amazing. He was impressed that there was barely any tarter on my teeth but I also have to get four cavities filled. Luckily my insurance will cover that thank God.

I can at least be happy that my teeth are whiter thanks to activated charcoal powder. The dental hygienist said to only use it once a week or even only once a month because it has additives in it that will destroy your teeth's enamel. She did however ask me where she could find it. She was from India and apparently that stuff is really all they brush with there because they don't have toothpaste. I'm looking forward to a better smile but can't say i'm enthused about getting the bill. My mom said "Soon you'll be oweing the world money." Isn't that what taxes are? So now I owe $30 a month on two credit cards, $82 a month from financing my new laptop online, and soon we can add dental to the list. Oyi


No comments:

Post a Comment