Thursday, June 1, 2017

Puppies: Blessing Or Curse?

Puppies: Blessing Or Curse?



So April 20th, 2016 A beautiful sweet gentle puppy was born. a month later I had gotten to meet her. I bought her from a very kind woman named Tammy. This puppy was the most adorable little rollie pollie thing i'd ever laid my eyes on and I fell for her the moment I first laid eyes on her. There were two girls but she was the one I was drawn to like an inner intuition was telling me we were meant for eachother. Another woman had first pick of the girls and Tammy said she would text me later that night to tell me which of the girls would be mine. God had answered my prayers that night with a text that said "she picked the lighter of the girls, the dark one is yours" I was ecstatic to help lure my mom into agreeing to let me get her. I told my mom I would name her Principessa which is Italian for "Princess" and also the name Roberto Benigini called his fair wife in the movie Life Is Beautiful. It worked. I was eventually able to bring her home to meet our other family dog and they bonded instantly.

A year later she grew to be a huge pain in the ass. She pees and shits all over the house including on a new bed set right after I finished putting it on the bed, She chews up everything, She refuses to do her business outside. She has a little dog complex and will try to attack big dogs if she gets out and shows aggression towards any other dog aside from our other family dog, has separation anxiety at night and will bark obnoxiously until you come back, and frequently escapes into the neighbor's yards. She rarely responds to her name when she should. Overall she is a very disobedient little shithead. I had read up on her breed which is supposed to be pretty stubborn but laid back, this girl is wild! I don't know how I'm going to get her trained in any form of obedience.

She does have her cute moments though. She is very loving and likes to give kisses and desperately loves attention. She will lay next to you and motion for pets or jump onto your lap when you are feeling down. She's pretty funny too. I took a shower last night and came back to her playing dead in her crate. If only she could do that on command. She also likes to play fetch which she learned in one sitting. She's smart but extremely stupid at the same time. I love this little girl though.

playing dead in her crate night of  5/31/17

No comments:

Post a Comment