Sunday, June 18, 2017

Mania

Mania



Today I went through a mania that I've never gone through before. Sure I've had manic episodes but not like this. In case you are unsure what i'm talking about Mania is a mental illness marked by periods of great excitement, euphoria, delusions, and over-activity.  I'm excited and proud of myself for everything I have gotten done today. i'm not delusional but I am overactive at the moment. I am regularly a rather lazy and melancholy individual. I sit around all day and it usually takes me three days to even get my laundry washed, folded, and in the basket in my bedroom. Today however I got that done in a day plus much more.

I started the day as I usually do. Waking up at around 10:30 A.M. with a couple cups of fresh coffee. I then figured i'd finish loading the dishwasher from the previous night and run it. After I had done that I went upstairs and brought my dirty laundry down to the basement to wash it and got it into the washer. While that was washing I went into my room and made my son and my beds. I looked for a broom to sweep the floor which I eventually did after my mom found the broom so I did that. Next I decided to bathe my son in the bathroom, followed by my puppy in the basement. I then took the time to switch my clothes from the washer to the dryer for their first run. While the dryer was going I took a nice cool shower which felt amazing since I was sweating like crazy all day. After the second run in the dryer, my clothes were finally done and I took the time to fold them while watching a little bit of The Bodyguard staring Kevin Costner and Whitney Huston. I took my folded laundry upstairs and sorted it out to put it away which I did in a timely manner. Next, I cleaned up the counter tops in the kitchen and soaked the counter tops followed by unloading and reloading the dishwasher. My dog had gotten to a garbage bag in the stairwell to the basement so I then cleaned that up. I was having a hard time figuring out what to do with myself for a while but my mom was cleaning so I asked her if there were anything I could help her with. She directed me to do some dusting, so I dusted windows, mirrors, cabinets, appliances, the coffee table, and the standing butcher's block. I relaxed reading for a bit but then I wanted to do something else so I straightened out the living room. tucked in the blankets into the sectional cushions, puffed up the pillows and laid two to both ends of the couch. I also puffed out the backing cushions. I finished by picking up all my son's toys and organizing them around his play corner where his toys and toy box are. I drank a couple cups of coffee before bed because I wasn't ready to fall asleep just yet and now i'm typing this entry.

Have you ever had a state of mania that was very unlike you but at the same time, you didn't want to ever end? I was extremely proud of myself today and never felt more fulfilled and accomplished. I had so much energy today that I think I will make whoever reads this exhausted just picturing it at the end. For once my mother told me she was proud of me and my father asked if I "kicked up dirt" with my constant productivity and that I did a lot today. They both noticed I was very proactive in my chores today and I was pleased that everything I planned to do this weekend got done in one day. This day is a win for me against my bipolar depression!

No comments:

Post a Comment