Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Visit at my Mental Health Clinic

Visit At My Mental Health Clinic


I had an appointment with my nurse yesterday for my Invega Sustenna bi-polar injection. I had a lot of good news coming my way. I had lost 4 more pounds! I told her about my self-harming episode on June 5th and that I may be manic because I've been doing so much more which is uncharacteristic of me.

For example: On Monday, I started the day by making my bed. I had some coffee I collected trash from around the house and took all the garbage to the tree lawn without being directed to do it. I then rested a little after because my side was hurting. I then decided to meet my son and foster brother at the playground. My foster brother had left so I watched my son a while and then we went to the library for a good amount of time and I read while he played with their toys. When we got home I gave him a bath and then had something to eat but I didn't eat much I only had salad and a slice of pizza that day. I took a shower and brushed my teeth followed by loading the dishes into the dishwasher. We went upstairs and I read for a while before going to sleep.

My nurse shot over an email to my psychiatrist and I was able to have a brief session with her. I told her about the self-harm and stated that I didn't believe it was because of meds because I felt stable. I also told her everything I had done that weekend and how I thought I was manic. But besides being over productive I wasn't showing other symptoms of being manic. She didn't change my meds and stated that it could either be a mild manic episode or that my meds are pulling me out of depression. That the productivity could be my true self not depressed and that since i'm not used to it i'm mistaking it for mania and we'll know for sure depending on how i'm feeling by our next appointment. I also asked if I could be referred to a new therapist since mine was being transferred out. They're going to set me up with an art therapist which I think is awesome!

I woke up this morning at 6 a.m. after falling asleep only 6 hours earlier, got dressed and let my dog out. I put food and water into the dog bowls and finished loading and ran the dishwasher. I changed out the trash bin and took the full bag to the tree lawn. I also took the time to put on some makeup. My mother came downstairs and I told her that my midnight snack was a replica of what she had made my father and I for father's day. She thanked me for doing the dishes and I told her how my psychiatrist appointment went. She said "Mania or not being depressed, keep it up!" My parents have been proud of me lately and so have I. I feel much better when i'm up and being productive and feel cruddy when i'm just sitting around lazily on my ass. I haven't played on my computer much and have watched maybe 1 1/2 hours worth of television in a day while I thought of other productive things I could be doing instead. This last 3 days have been something to be extremely proud of and I hope it continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment