Tuesday, June 27, 2017

What's The Problem?

What's The Problem?



There is so much hate and controversy over the LGBT community. I can only ask, why is that? What have they done to spark your anger? Kiss? well I see PDA constantly with straight couples and no one bats an eye. Raise children? Many of the children raised by gay couples are not poisoned they can be gay or straight but nevertheless their parents are proud of them and show unconditional love as any parent should show to their child(ren). Some of the nicest, funniest, most loving individuals I know are a big part of the LGBT community and I don't see them as anything but brothers and sisters and overall human beings. Everyone has their flaws. Do I think being gay is a flaw or a sin? no. This is why...

Homosexuality has been active among the human race for centuries. It was happening even before Jesus was born. Not that they would admit it back then but that's because in society it was highly unacceptable to be apart of homosexual acts and would result in punishment of death. Even some animals portray an element of homosexuality. for example Dolphins. Male dolphins often engage in sexual acts with other male dolphins. Does that make the animal any less beautiful? no. They are smart and exquisite creatures. The Bible was written by man. Many people somehow seem to conclude that God himself wrote the bible and that it is God's law in written form. This is not true. Jesus' followers also known as the 12 Disciples. They all wrote a piece of the bible and as most stories are told, they come out in various forms. an exaggerated truth as it were. It's like when you were a kid playing the telephone game. If you haven't heard of it, it's where a child whispers a phrase in another's ear and the last person says out loud what was whispered to them. It never comes out the way it began. The Bible in my opinion is an exaggerated story not spoken from God's tongue. My faith of mine alone as I don't tend to associate with any means that divide us as a people. Is that God created everything. From people to plants and animals. God empowered people with free will and part of that is attraction to a certain gender whether it be another man or another woman.

I was raised around the LGBT community. my siblings had many close friends that were apart of it when I was younger.One trans-gendered from female to male went from Liz to Lathem. Regardless of his identity... yes I said "his" because he is now what he desired to be since high school. I also befriended one of my older brother's good friends Fernando who is my son's other God-father and has become family to me in time. He's the silliest man you will ever meet but he does very well for himself. He's a music publicist. He is constantly running marathons and living life to the fullest. My best friend is bi-sexual and she's an amazing person and mother. She wears her heart on her sleeve and has so much love to give. We always joke that if we don't marry in 10 years we'll cave and marry one another since we are soulmates in bestie form. She is very understanding of my mental illnesses and she doesn't hold back often. She will tell you what you need to hear before telling you what you want to hear. You shouldn't have to be gay and say "this world will never accept me, who I am, and who I love" You should be accepted just as you are.

There are even many LGBT celebrities out there that we hate to love and love to hate. Ian McKellan known for Magneto in the older X-Men franchise is gay. I'm sure you all know Neil Patrick Harris, Ellen DeGeneres, The lovable Jim Parsons from The Big Bang Theory, Anderson Cooper, Rosie O'Donnell, Lance Bass of the late boy band Nsync, Raven Symone who starred in Dr. Dolittle, Zenon Girl Of The 21st Century, and That's So Raven , Ricky Martin, Zachary Quinto aka Professor Spock in the new Star Trek movies, Jodi Foster, and one of my favorite no bullshit tolerance comedians Wanda Sykes.

It's not the 1700's people! Things change as the world evolves. There is nothing wrong with loving another person. There's nothing wrong with marrying your best friend and soulmate, there's nothing wrong with wanting to raise a family. It's purely encouraged on straight couples so why should gay couples be any different? Just remember, We're all human and given the gift from God to love no matter who it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment