Saturday, July 1, 2017

Imagination Escapes

Imagination Escapes

Lately there's been two things I couldn't love doing more. firstly it's being productive doing the dishes, laundry, and picking up around the house. Secondly I've been enjoying a good book in my free time. It started when I had finally read Seth Patrick's novel Lost Souls. A while ago I had read the first novel to his Reviver series titled Reviver. After I got Lost Souls finished I started on The Fallen Angel by David Hewson. It was a book I purchased at the library sponsored bookstore located within the library itself. I have bought tons of books but i'm just now starting to read them. They are my imagination escapes in that you have to broaden your imagination to read them and they are not as visually stimulating as television.

I am now left with 36 pages in my book pretty confident I will get it finished tonight. I had very recently purchased a few books online, The Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R Tolkien and Mermaid: A Twist On The Classic Tale by Carolyn Turgeon. I'm torn at which to read first granted I really do finish The Fallen Angel tonight. My genre of reading has mainly been fictional crime novels or sci-fi I also have read a few light romance novels as well. I really love a book full of mystery and suspense as well as a goose-bump worthy ending. When I was younger, I was a big fan of Goosebumps books.

Have any good recommendations for books? I feel I should also look into Stephen King novels since I've read his son Joe Hill's novel Horns after seeing the trailer for the same named movie. I couldn't put it down. I believe I finished it within three days.  I have also enjoyed the Warm Bodies series by Isaac Marion. I haven't gotten to read The Burning World quite yet but it's definitely on my to-read list.

It's funny, I used to hate reading! I found it a complete waste of time and wouldn't even touch a book. Then every so often I've gotten a craving to open a book and maybe read a chapter or two. Before I knew it i'd go through a slight mood swing where i'd lay on the couch and read countless pages of a book. I would end up finishing two books in 2 weeks. I would fade in and out of this phase but now I think it's sticking. I would much rather read than watch television much anymore. When I realize i'm almost done with a novel, nothing can stop me from reading until i'm finished. Now if I could only decide which one to read next!


No comments:

Post a Comment