Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Best Friends

Best Friends


Everyone has a best friend. I have many besties but then there's my all time best friend who is in a way my "bae" she's before all else. We met on an app called whisper years ago and clicked instantly. After about a year of talking we met in person for the first time and it wasn't at all awkward. Apparently we didn't find it hard to show our true personalities to each other.  We hung out, went to see a movie and had lunch. It was one of the greatest moments of my life. We live far away or so it seems since neither of us drive and have only seen each other twice but we've been through hell and back and countless boyfriends aka mistakes together.

She's someone I can tell anything to and not worry about what she'll think of me for it. However me on the other hand, tend to come off as judgmental not realizing how i'm acting and don't often understand where she's coming from pertaining to her feelings toward certain guys. Maybe I just assume everyone bounces back quickly like I do or that they should. I do however love that we're somewhat different in our thinking. There's so many similarities you often forget you're not looking into a mirror.

My best friend knows me better than anyone else, including myself most of the time. She knows when i'm going into or exiting from a Manic episode, She knows when my relationships are just not worth fighting for and can often bring me back down to earth and talk some sense into me. We've had very seldom argued but she's never given up on me. I think i'm really a bigger pain in her ass than she is in mine but she's always there for me when I need her. She's always there to lend an ear when I need to vent about men and how I hated them up until recently, or about family matters and she always says "They wouldn't like me then cause I won't just keep my mouth shut" I'm always on her defense as well and can notice when people are taking advantage of her.

I'm not as successful talking sense into her as she's even more hard-headed and stubborn than I am but I love her dearly. It's always easy to share a laugh or a tear with someone who you both feel is your platonic other half. I will admit I had a crush on her at one point and still love her to death but in time I came down from it and accepted us as just best friends.

Best friends are people that will point out when you're in the wrong or when you're just downright full of shit. They'll call you out when you're being insensible but are always there to join you in your stupid funny moments. They love you regardless of your mistakes and are there through thick and thin. Boyfriends come and go but your best friend will always be there. Someone you can trust. My best friend is all of that for me and so much more. I would be completely lost in this world if it wasn't for my #1 I love you best friend!

Besties forever!


1 comment:

  1. Aw you caught me right in the feels. I love you too and no matter how many times we fight you are my person and I would rather fight and cry and laugh and play and gush with you than anyone else. I would say you are like my sister but you are more than that I picked you to be my best friend that's so much more than like a sister. ❤

    ReplyDelete