Thursday, July 20, 2017

My Son

My Son



This is a self-typed poem to my little boy. I love you Tristan!

My Son

My son, your birth made me whole,
your sadness which would take it's toll.
Your face was gentle, that of a doll,
you are my youngest, love you most of all.
At birth your eyes were as grey as a stone,
a gentle touch, fragile to the bone.
Your eyes turned as blue as the sky,
don't ask me how for i'll never say why.
How fast you grew as years passed,
yet my love for you will forever last.
You threw your food but loved your bath,
you are a stubborn butt and I would feel your wrath.
I named you Stinky Butt and the name held true,
as you were potty trained not much left to do.
You play with phones which is somewhat bad,
but I think of all the fun times to be had.
You have always liked to run and play,
especially on a warm spring day.
I saw your first steps and when you would run,
all the great memories under the sun.
When it rained you'd love to watch,
as water was always top notch.
You often whine and show your anger,
yet you'd never stray from being kind to a stranger.
You love your friend Adam with all of your heart,
even though he feels miles apart.
Once upon a time you were an oven's bun,
you are my beautiful baby boy, my son.
-Sel B.

No comments:

Post a Comment