Thursday, July 13, 2017

Kindness

Kindness



Today I have encountered a few random acts of kindness. It's nice to know there are still concern and kind bearing people in this world. It all started after work. I went to the food truck that is across from work on Thursdays to say "hello" and apologize for not being able to buy lunch today because I couldn't afford it. The chef had asked what I ate for lunch and when I said "nothing" he got up from his stool and fixed me a meal complete with a soda. I thanked him graciously and promised next week i'd be ordering something that it was already saved in my budget.

I couldn't eat at the food truck because I had to wait for the bus. I got to my halfway point and got on the connecting bus. A few women were sitting across from me and tried to get my attention to tell me my bag was leaking. One woman offered me her bandanna in which case I politely refused because I wouldn't take something she bought to wrap a leaky lunch in. Another found a plastic bag with her stuff and offered it to me which I happily accepted and double bagged my meal. I thanked them both wholeheartedly for their concern.

I ate the food waiting for the third bus so I wouldn't have to lug it around any further. I was so happy that a few people reached out to me, it really seemed to make my day and restored my faith in the human race. For both those generous notions to me in one day was amazing! It reminded me of how occasionally when i'm catching the bus to work, a nice gentleman would hold up the men in line to get on so all the women could board first. When he does that my day always seems to be a bit brighter.

If you are having a bad day and losing faith in humanity, look at the little things you see people do. The real angels can be sitting next to you on a bus or walking past you down the sidewalk. Just think of the tiny notions carried out and perhaps your day will become a little brighter as well. I don't know who these people were, except for the chef ,and the fact they would show a slight amount of concern for a complete stranger is rather heartwarming. So thank you to those few unnamed folks who showed me a little compassion today. I was inspired to make sure your actions didn't go unnoticed.


No comments:

Post a Comment