Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Dear Family In Heaven

Dear Family In Heaven



I've lost many in my life. This is a little compilation of letters written to my loved ones in Heaven in hope one day I will reunite with them.

Dear baby sister,

You left the world far too soon, but I believe you were needed for a higher purpose. I have many times thought of you and what it would have been like to meet you and learn what your personality held. I imagine how you might've been often. That you would have been stubborn and hard-headed like your big sisters. You would have been a happy child even though your big sisters were given a rough life. Not by any means mom's fault. I think you would have been a brunette with blue eyes just like mama. That you would love unconditionally and do great things one day, that you were cheated on a long life. I'm sorry for what happened to you. Dying shortly after bring brought to this world really put a heartbreak on everyone who would have loved you dearly. It was a low blow I know you are looking down on me from up above and completely at peace. I just hope the journey wasn't painful.

All my love,

Your eldest sister



Dear Grandmother Sherri,

I adored you, You were so good to me, why did you have to leave? Sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like if you stayed healthy and were able to raise me and my sister. I know for sure we would have been loved completely and taught moral values. Why did cancer choose you? It saddens me to think how painful your passing was but that you were at least surrounded by loved ones. I wish I could have been there even though I was young and didn't understand death or what it looked like to be a cancer victim. You were only 44 or so, you had much more to live and experiences to have. More love to give to my sister, me, and of course your beloved pets. I remember you vaguely but I hold onto those memories for dear life. I never want to forget you and the love you've given. I still have the video of my life that grandfather bob, your second husband had made for me and my adoptive family. I watch it to help me remember you and who you were. I could have sworn I saw you once looking at me from my doorway after your passing, It felt like my sister and I were your unfinished business and you had to check on us before your trip to Heaven. I was the apple of your eye and I can only pray that you are up there proud of me. I hope to see you again.

With all my love,

Your eldest Granddaughter 



Dear Grandfather James,

Unfortunately I barely got to know you. My mother resented you for her childhood and didn't understand people tend to change with age. I would have loved to know you better and be a bigger part of your life. I was happy to receive cards from you after our somewhat awkward first call. I was at that point I just wanted to know you existed. I found your name in a phone book and got the nerve to call when you hadn't seen me since I was a mere infant. I'm sorry if that upset you. My mother's attitude of you made me that much more defiant and curious ever since aunt Lori had called her to tell her you had a heart attack. I can only say i'm happy you went in a peaceful manner. I regret not seeing you and hearing your stories about our Ancestry and how you fought overseas during WWII. You were a very brave man and given so much love to your family. I'm so sorry I couldn't be there with you. We will meet face to face one day with open arms as long as I don't screw up my chances of getting in. I hope you're there looking down on me and proud of how I've grown into a great woman. If I were to get a chance to go to heaven for a visit I would definitely chose you to talk about those stories you had been eager to tell me.

All my love,

Your Granddaughter



Dear Grandfather Harry,

You were never the sentimental type but you always worked hard and were driven to accomplish things. You were very hard on my father but I know you loved your family. You went to heaven in a painful way and for that i'm sincerely sorry. I remember seeing you in the hospital and thinking why now? How could the doctor's fuck up as much as they did and it end in your passing. It was only supposed to be a broken leg, not cancer and a bacterial infection from the surgery.. I'm sorry that you ended up getting cancer but as much smoking as you did that occasionally happens especially in our family. I have a feeling I too will eventually die of cancer. I hope you are happy now and can reflect on the positive things in your life. I love you even though you were somewhat detached.

Sincerely,

Your Granddaughter



Dear Grandfather Michael,

You were accepting of me from the start and according to your daughter, My adoptive mother, You took to me rather quickly. I remember climbing up on a bench to sit next to you at Aunt Maria's get together. I remember all the freckles and bumps on your hands that came with age. I remember how you would talk to me like a baby at times and that you tried your best to get to know me and the things I liked. I appreciate that you accepted my parents in pursuing me for a permanent life with them and encouraged it. I was extremely young but I felt a bond between us. I often think about the bench you loved to sit at that had a view over the whole resort of Oglebay in Wheeling, WV. I was sad that you passed away. I remember seeing you on your death bed. You were the first person I witnessed dying and where I understood that death was not a temporary setup. At least you were surrounded by all your loved ones. We all loved you so much that words can't even begin to express. I hope you are at peace now i'll be seeing you.


All my love,

your baby Granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment