Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Pushed Back

Pushed Back


Thanks to the robbing scam event that occurred on my birthday, I had to use my Braces money to cover my overdraft money from my account. That consisted of $159.95 that was hard earned and hard saved for my braces down payment. I had to reschedule my appointment to start treatment for a later date. I worked hard on my budget to configure how i'll save up all that money again.

I thought I would have to save up until after the 18th of August. but I tweaked at it long enough to discover that if I take out the payments to be saved up in cash and not touch that money, I will have it saved up by August 8th. I had called the dentist's office and asked whether it had to be on a card or if I could pay in cash. They seemed to rather pleasantly respond that cash payment was accepted. I think they were happy to hear that because they'd get the money instantly and it would be money in their pockets. It also helps me because I decided no longer to use my saving account.

I had filed a claim with the bank and went to the nearby branch to ask the teller a couple questions. I had asked them if the money would be refunded if my fraud case went through. She said "yes" and after explaining the situation she encouraged me that I had a strong case and had a high chance of getting my money back since I had explained to the operator the situation. It was mainly true facts that I had released to the woman on the phone. sure I didn't tell them I voluntarily put in my credit card info when I got scammed, but the two truths to it were, My computer was hacked and my credit card information had been stored in the browser for easy purchases. I will never store my credit card info to Google Chrome ever again.

I don't know how long it will take, but I do know what I will do with that extra money, Pay off some of my Dell credit and pay some money towards my other credit card that I've been milking for more than it's worth (oops!) I just hope for the best outcome. I believe I had a pretty strong case and that it will work out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment