Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Dad

Dad


You always showed me true tough love,
perhaps in reality you were my angel from above.
You were always hard on me to do my best,
but telling me what I needed to hear, my life was a test.
We didn't always see eye to eye,
but as I matured, you were my go-to guy.
From you I learned to change oil in a car,
since I don't drive, that info won't go very far.
You were proud of me when I got my job,
And even more when I stopped being a slob.
I love how you spend time with my youngest son,
You have no idea, I appreciate it a ton.
I know you were only grumpy because you cared,
but at times it made me rather scared.
you have done what my birth father could not,
You've given me a life worth a fighting shot.
I love you dearly I hope you know,
I trust our relationship will continue to grow.
You ask and not demand me to do things now,
I comply happily, but at times raise my brow.
Now I see you just want me to succeed,
to be humble and not overcome by greed.
You are my daddy, the one and only,
With a family like ours, we are never lonely.
You raised me right and for that I am proud,
so to show my gratitude, I say it out loud.
I love you to heaven and earth and back,
A sense at life, I've got a knack

No comments:

Post a Comment