Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Forgotten

Forgotten


I've officially learned to hate my job. I have been forgotten on two occasions. A while back there was Administrative Assistant Appreciation Day where I was included in all the surprise planning emails. I am in fact and Administrative Assistant at work. It was a bumming blow that they didn't include me in the surprise. A couple co-workers came over to me and I said, It's not a surprise for me, I was included in all the emails." Their faces dropped completely with "Oh My God!" looks on their faces. They tried to brush it off and celebrate me too so I let it go as Elsa from Frozen was known for. Like Elsa I never really forgot it and remained a little cold.

Yesterday was my birthday. I walked into work like I do every Tuesday with a positive attitude, at least what i'm capable of. That was short lived however. I greeted the other Administrative Assistant and indicated my weekend which included my birthday. She gasped in shock and wished me a happy birthday. Thanks but since everyone else is remembered for their special days, why aren't I? My boss came in and greeted me. She later asked how I was and I responded with a sarcastic "fine." I am extremely bummed that I have been forgotten again. I miss my old boss Terry a lot. She never forgot my birthday and baked up a special cake just for my day. It really meant a lot to me that she would take so much care in including me in the job's affairs.

I can't get over how low I feel. How can I be forgotten like that so easily? Do they not care or something? I don't even want to be here right now and i'm doing damn near nothing productive for them today. I'm crushed. I feel excluded by their actions and now feel like I don't belong here. I hope I get the job at the library. I will fall into the routine rather quickly whether or not birthdays are celebrated amung the staff there. If they're going to celebrate other staff's birthdays in the department at work they could at least try to remember mine. This is very depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment