Friday, July 14, 2017

A Meaningful Poem

A Meaningful Poem


My best friend once showed me a poem that I didn't know then, would be a very powerful poem that I will at some point leave for my sons. It's called From Mother To Son by Langston Hughes. I will post it now...

It's a poem that empowers your child to never give up. As a mother, you often seem to go through Hell and back repeatedly. You work hard to provide for your child, you lose sleep, you have emergencies when your child is sick. A bond between a mother and her son is everlasting. They have to keep their head up and keep trudging along passing all obstacles that come their way. As had a mother for her son(s).

I have two boys who are my world. I haven't been the best parent in the last 9 years and I've only myself to blame for that. When I should've fought, I laid down and hid. Dying on the inside. I let the horrible world get the best of me in which case empowering my one greatest regret which was not taking my oldest with me when I left my abusive husband. It wasn't too bad though because had I had my oldest son, I probably wouldn't have ran away and gotten pregnant with my youngest who had changed me into a better person.

I don't know what it is about having a child that makes you fight beyond your known capabilities. When you can't handle any more of the world you still shown face to it and let it know, it won't knock you down for you'll just get up against the gravity like a warrior. When all hope is lost your child(ren)'s face make everything seem to be much better than it at times is. Personally, Life for me hasn't really been a crystal Stair. I have made tons of mistakes in my life and left myself with one big regret. For all the sons out there who read this. keep fighting the bigger fight and picture your mother reading this to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment