Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Mother

Mother

A Poem For You



Mother, You gave me life,
One day to be a mother and wife.
You didn't want grand kids because it made you feel old,
You soon to love them truth be told.
You'd take their pictures and print them out,
but you've never met them, therefore I pout.
We've had lots of memories to share,
I may have been adopted but all you could do was care.
We had a water fight during one of our visits,
While watering your garden we heard crickets.
You tried to teach my sis and I how to dance,
We looked like idiots but gave it a chance.
You married Roger and I was your maid of honor,
I was glad to see you with a better father.
You deserve happiness, the sun on a rainy day,
You were a great mother what else could I say?
We had our laughs and we had our tears,
even though we didn't speak for some years.
You had a Taz plush and I said that's how dad kissed,
We both died of laughter that day and it will be missed.
You saved our pictures and all of our money,
I'm gonna want that one day, don't forget mommy.
One day you will get to meet the kids,
but until then they'll act like pigs.
I am just as stubborn and hard headed,
when your day comes that will be dreaded.
You tried your best and that's all you could do,
I will forever and ever love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment