Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Port Clinton

Port Clinton


Port Clinton, Ohio is near Sandusky. It is a rather small town and Downtown is full of older buildings. I love Port Clinton. Tons of water, Old surroundings. It's just like those small tight knit towns in the movies but you can find water everywhere due to it being right along Lake Erie. Our family has a summer (Mobile) home at the Portage View Campground that we enjoy visiting. We actually stayed a couple nights this past weekend. There's swimming at the beach, fishing, boating, and taking in the beautiful surroundings. There's many lighthouses in the area as well. It would be a nice place to raise a family except for the fact there is no bus service out there.

I personally fancy the old town district of downtown Port Clinton as well as their local Library. It's rather small but there are puppets and tablets for the kids to play with in the children's section as well as a pretty beach themed room. They occasionally let my son play with the ceiling fans in that room and I am calmed by the wall paintings.of beach and flying seagulls.

The nearest Grocery store is about 5 miles away. It is a Kroger's which my family used to enjoy whenever we spent a week in West Virginia during the springtime for the Easter holiday. We would say, whenever we went there, it was called "Krogering" They have a small gas station affiliated with them and we often get points and some change off our gas purchases.

I think last weekend the cashier was subtly flirting with me by not ringing up my purchase at full price. Or maybe i'm mistaken. there was a 3 for $5 sale on the Monster Energy drinks and he only made me pay $3.65 for 2. As I thought, if you're not taking up the deal of 3 then they'd charge you full price per item. He subtracted the difference. Still, it was a good deal considering for the two I paid for, you could only get one large one back in Cleveland.

My son went swimming with my former foster brother and his cousin daily. He loves the water so much. He wanted to go multiple times a day and every time he came back he would hop in the shower to get warm even though it was about 80 degrees inside our 2nd home. That was just his excuse to get another water fix.

While my son swam I enjoyed doing things around the home such as the dishes, swept up the living areas, cleaned up the bathroom, and would read a bit in between times. The last morning I had to make the bed my son and I slept on that former evening which was a huge pain in the ass. It's pushed up against the wall and I would have to scoot it away to fix the other side the push it back against the wall. The two bedrooms are very small indeed as well as the kitchen area while the living area is townhouse sized.

Portage View campgrounds have a swimming pool, A small play area, docks by the water, little lighthouses on both ends of said docking area, Horse Shoes game set up, and even a cottage house that they use as the office as well as for various events that has a pool table inside. They call it the "play house". you can usually hear and sometimes see the trains track on pass a couple miles away which my son always enjoys and runs outside to see.

We first heard of this area by our Cleveland Heights neighbors Joe and Susan. They also very often go out there and are the ones who renovated our mobile home and sold it to us. My mother and sister did most of the interior work on it. Painting and picking out all the furniture. I am the one who purchased the sound system and my brother purchased the TV and the DVD player.

The one thing that annoys me is when my former foster brothers or even my nephew just have to bring their electronics with them. The reception sucks so there's really no purpose in having a cellphone with you and the campground's Wi-Fi is terrible so you can't connect to the internet anyway, and their Play Stations are annoying as well because no one else can use the television when they're playing games all damn day long from sun up to sun down. I prefer it without the internet or reception honestly. You aren't glued to your phones, computers, or video games and don't have to really worry about being bothered with calls or texts.

There's so much to do there from landmarks to restaurants to little local shops. The beaches are nice as well as the local playground. The library is a nice place like I have mentioned. There's also bird watching which I haven't done yet but is very popular in the area. It's definitely worth a visit if you're into history and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment