Thursday, July 27, 2017

I'm So Sorry A Poem for My Middle Son

I'm So Sorry

A Poem for my Middle Son

Image may contain: 1 person

I'm so sorry for leaving you behind,
I'm so sorry for my mental decline.
I'm so sorry for not being there for you,
I'm so sorry for not showing this is true.
I'm so sorry you had to go,
I'm so sorry for not being in the know.
I'm so sorry for not easing your pain,
I'm so sorry for being in disdain.
I'm so sorry for not doing the raising,
I'm so sorry to keep the confusion blazing.
I'm so sorry if you think I don't love you,
I'm so sorry I had no clue.
I'm so sorry I hadn't kept you with me,
I'm so sorry the hardships you've had to see.
I'm so sorry you've had to watch me cry,
I'm so sorry you have endured a lie.
I'm so sorry you were robbed a carefree childhood,
I'm so sorry, I would take it all back if I could.
I'm so sorry you're caught in this storm,
I'm so sorry you will never see the true norm.
I'm so sorry I wasn't the best,
I'm so sorry, you were never a pest.
I'm so sorry if you feel a burden,
I'm so sorry if you've never felt a guerdon.
I'm so sorry I can't say this in person,
I'm so sorry, but I've learned my lesson.
I'm so sorry I can't bring you back,
I'm so sorry that fighting I lack.
I'm so sorry i'm such a mess,
I'm so sorry if you have to stress.
I'm so sorry things gone this way,
I'm so sorry that's all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment