Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Jim Carrey

Jim Carrey


I first saw Jim Carrey on tv in the 90's on the show In Living Color. He was around 28 years old when he had his role in the show. My brother and I bonded over the comedian admiring his talent to do crazy things. He once had his hair in pigtails and wore a micro bikini on set for a sketch and I died of laughter. My brother and I would watch all of his films from Dumb and Dumber to The Mask, To Ace Ventura. 

He's always been a hilariously brilliant comic. He would do stand-up comedy in clubs when he was younger and then got the casting to In Living Color where he portrayed many memorable sketch characters. My favorite movie with him is probably Liar Liar. I thought it was genius and even watched the behind the scenes features like the blooper reel. He had everyone on set shaking their heads and bellowing out in a laughter that was true joy. The Truman Show comes in a close second though. It was his first drama and he owned the part.

My least favorite of his roles was probably Andy Kaufman in Man On The Moon. Don't get me wrong, Jim was completely hate able in that film as was intended because I genuinely hated Andy's humor. But still, Jim proceeded with the role to the best of his abilities and did a great job making the role his own. Not his most memorable work of art but that just might be my hate for Andy Kaufman talking.

He even filmed a suspense/ psychological thriller The Number 23. He was also rather brilliant in that too. I never knew he had a serious bone in his body considering his claim to fame is from his impersonations, facial expressions, and body language. He has pure talent as well.

So Jim Carrey is going through a rough time as of late ever since his long-time girlfriend's suicide. Now he'll be going on trial for the assist of manslaughter. Sure he had the pills but that doesn't mean he was giving them to her in which case I hope they find him not guilty. He needs his fans support more than ever now that he's not in a happy place. I've loved him all my life to the point he's my main celebrity crush now and forever more. I once thought. "Maybe I can work along side of him one day and see in person how amazing this man is" At one point I wanted to be an actress in comedies. Along with the wit of Adam Sandler.

Please comment your support for Jim Carrey in this tough time in his life and let him know we're always fans and there for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment