Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Father

Father


When I was younger you tried your best,
You took your parenting to the ultimate test.
You weren't ready for me and I can see why,
your dreams came first and they were sky high.
You wrote Rita a letter once with a thank you,
Sad to say now i'd rather not know you.
You used my life as a revolving door,
coming and going as you pleased left me bitter and sore.
I may look like you but I am nothing like you were,
and for that i'm thankful that I am sure.
But i'm not here to hate you and only forgive,
for I have you to thank so I may live.
As though you did try it came to a halt,
but I am only your daughter by default.
I texted you once to see how you were doing,
you asked me who I was and an anger was brewing.
I felt replaced by your trophy daddy's little girl,
you didn't know better but it made my skin curl.
I try to reach out to you no more,
so my wind of emotions can no longer be tore.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your days,
for disowning is a must, you had us in a daze.
but i'm not here to hate you, I just speak the truth,
you were a good father, but only in my youth.
You don't know your grand children and that is quite okay,
For they won't have to endure what I did one day.
So I will leave this here and say my final goodbye,
you have your life to live, as do I.





No comments:

Post a Comment