Sunday, July 2, 2017

A New Life

A New Life


I have still been pretty productive. Been doing dishes and straightening out rooms, made my bed. My dog peed on my son's bed this evening and I got it all into the wash very quickly. I also took a shower earlier than normal. I've been reading a lot too. I read fifty-eight pages to complete my one book yesterday and read two chapters of another. I had to go out and buy a necessity today and picked up a couple new books on my way home. I also managed to order a book I've read once already from Amazon, Sea Creatures: A Novel by Susanna Daniel. I have been keeping up on the dishes and fed the dogs this morning. I even decided to replace the tin foil protecting the stove. I rearranged my shelves a little to be able to hold more books as they seem a constant incoming as of late. I read three more chapters of my book today and after this entry will read more. What was really nice is that I love the book so much I contacted the author on Facebook with praise for her talent. Not only did she respond but did so in a timely manner. It's so nice when authors engage with their fans. I played on my PC and on my phone for a while today but i'd really prefer to get some reading done.

My mother and sister took my son and foster brother to our vacation home at Portage View yesterday hence all this free time. Not that i'm any more productive but I have been taking joy in reading as well as staying up much later to do it. God bless 4 day weekends! Have you ever felt your life is taking a turn for the better? even when there aren't any major events? I applied for a new job but the application deadline is set for July 7th so I won't hear back for about a week if at all. Getting that job would really be the icing on the cake for me I think. I will get to be around my new love, books as well as interacting with more people. I'm not sure if I've mentioned in other entries how isolated I feel in my little corner at my current job. So keep your fingers crossed I get this new job and that this new lifestyle sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment