Friday, July 7, 2017

Bookaholic

Bookaholic

Lately I've been buying loads of books. I just bought two yesterday at the library and will be doing the Fill-A-Bag for $4.00 deal today which is occurring every Friday. Who can pass that nice deal up? Well, I have for a very long time since my last reading stint that happened a couple years ago. Occasionally they'll have mega book sales to clean out their inventory and it has many books, dvds, cds, everything! I'm very much into Crime/Suspense, Thriller, Horror, Fantasy, some Romance particularly Nicholas Sparks' mushy novels, and Sci-Fi fictional novels. You can find a vast amount of them at the library bookstore. 

My local library has The Harvey and Friends Bookstore named after Harvey Pekar who was a local comic illustrator. If you have ever watched American Splendor starring Paul Giamatti, it was based on Harvey Pekar's life. He's a native to Cleveland Heights which is a middle-class suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. He was well known to the Cleveland Heights - University Heights public library and would go there often to work on his comics in the adult section. One or more of my siblings actually managed to see him there a few times before his untimely passing in 2010.

That's however not what i'm writing about today, i'm writing another entry about my love for books. I can't seem to stop adding more to my collection downright knowing I may never get to them all. I don't know what it is, it's nearly become a new found obsession. I love to read these days and often find it difficult to stop and do anything else. I have stayed up late many nights because I was so focused on reading when I didn't have the luxury to sleep in (thank Jesus for weekends I suppose). It may also be I love the smell of musty page turned books in general. It always seems to calm me when I take a whiff of the paper.

When i'm not buying books from the library i'm checking out the little pop-up library located close to my house for whatever novels or paperbacks may be awaiting for me there. Very seldom do I find anything since people go there often. Hell, my last donation has almost completely vanished. I donated perhaps 10 books I would never open and only 2 are left as well as the movie I put there. That kind of surprised me, who doesn't like a good Nightmare On Elm Street movie? Nevertheless, it feels good to know the things you donate can be appreciated by others.

As I said above, I intend to partake in the Fill-A-Bag book sale today. I've spent on the worthy novels on the display tables but there is a whole isle I didn't notice was under the 2 for $1.00 deal until I was leaving the area yesterday. I intend to scour through those today in hopes that a few good novels remain after today's leeching from eager consumers. I wonder how many books will fill the paper bag. I'm very eager to get off work to go to the library and bring a ton of "new" used books home with me.

I've been working on my budget so that every Friday i'll have the funds to buy books with. I decided not to buy anymore online for I get a way better deal and a more diverse selection of authors to choose from the Harvey And Friends Bookstore. I'm the kind of person that likes to broaden the horizons and read various authors' novels. Yes there are a few authors where I enjoy all of their novels such as James Swain, Isaac Marion, Seth Patrick, Ann Rice, and now Carolyn Tungeon. But I love different variations of writing styles and always like to change it up a bit like a true book lover.

I reorganized my bookcases the other day to make room for such an acquirement. Although, going every week for an affair with the bookstore will add up rather quickly i'd imagine. Good thing my brother's bedroom is technically the house's library! I could just clear some space in the lined up bookshelves in his bedroom for some of my extra books and engage to access them when he isn't home. Why not? He's gone into other people's bedrooms without their permission on numerous occasions.

Well, I believe I've written a long enough entry! sorry about that y'all. Just excited in what the book store might have out for the taking today. CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment