Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Makeup OK?

Makeup OK?

7/4/17

A few years ago my mother bought me makeup at the Lancome kiosk at Macy's for my 26th birthday. It was complete with Foundation, Lipstick, Eyeliner, an Eye shadow Palette, and facial cleanser system. Shit you not I still have it all lightly used. Since it costed my mom serious cash I really only save it for special occasions so I don't have to replace it. the foundation costed around $45 all by itself and I don't even want to get into what the nice palette costed. I had later searched Lancome online and discovered how much their items cost. I told my mom I really appreciated them more now that I saw what they ran for. I had really taken a liking to the makeup and enjoyed playing with it the first week I had it. It was good for a darker rocker like look. Here's a picture from it below.


As you can see I was feeling a bit flirty and more confident. I love how I looked wearing makeup and soon I was out buying all kinds of new goodies from other brands whether it were online or at the local CVS. Not as highly respected as Lancome but stuff that worked. I began playing with makeup more and wearing it more frequently unless I was feeling too depressed to even bother with it. One Christmas, my boss had remembered my favorite color was purple so she bought me a mini eye shadow palette, Eyeliner, Mascara, and a little portable makeup bag to keep it in. I have since grown to a two layer big makeup bag that would be impossible to keep in your purse. As well as a little one they gave me with my Lancome purchases. I use the little one she gave me to keep the makeup I was wearing for that day in my purse. Wish I could find the one with jewels on it to be honest.

Makeup Case Collection
I have worn makeup three times within the last 2 weeks. Which, is actually a rare event for me. Playing with the new cosmetics I had bought online from ELF Cosmetics as well as a Cover Girl lipstick I had gotten from Amazon. I'm sure when I can afford it my makeup will continue to increase over time filling these 3 cases completely. Sure I probably don't have as much as other people but, it's a damn good start! I don't think I could have tons of makeup or else i'd never know what to use that day. Alas, I love to play with my makeup and take suggestions from members of beauty groups on Facebook. One such suggestion was to wear white liner on my waterline (bottom of your eye) since my eyes seem a bit smaller to really extenuate them and make them seem bigger in appearance. I tried that today but turned out the brand was pretty shitty so it didn't turn well. oh well, i'll try again because I couldn't resist the price of $2.64 for an eye shadow mini palette, 3 eyeliners (two of the same that I ordered by mistake but love anyway), and a lipstick. In the photo from 7/5/17 I tried the winged liner look, don't think I did too well but that's what they say, "Practice makes perfect!"


7/12/17
7/5/17

No comments:

Post a Comment