Thursday, July 6, 2017

Hard At Work

Hard At Work


I was hard at work yesterday. I worked on my makeshift and official bookcases. My makeshift bookcase is made of crates stacked upon one another in a tower. I cleared my stuffed animals and other items off my official bookshelf that I had been using mainly for storage. I transferred all my books from my makeshift bookcase to my official bookcase and as you can see, I have plenty of room to spare. Today my father is going to lower the shelves so i can maximize the top shelf because it only seems to fit little paperback books when I prefer Hardcover Novels. They don't bend and keep their shape. They also tend to flatten bent pages inside of the book itself. Now i'm storing my stuffed animals and extra DVDs and Blu-rays on the makeshift bookshelf.

I had ordered a couple more books. Sea Creatures: A Novel by Suzanna Daniel which my mother and I had both read. It was a very sad story. I also bought the current book i'm reading It's No F*cking Secret: Letters From A Badass Bitch by Kelly Osbourne as well as Under The Wide And Starry Sky by Nancy Horan. The last two will be arriving by sometime next week.

I mentioned on Facebook that I've been wanting to read Queen Of The Damned by Ann Rice. One of my "sisters" saw it and she just so happened to have 3 of the Vampire Chronicles novels from the series Ann Rice has been dedicating her free time to. She had on her Interview With A Vampire, Queen Of The Damned, and Vampire Lestat. She told me she would send me all three and throw a couple other books she'd think i'd like into the mix. Her husband wanted her to clean house and get rid of some of her books as well. It was nice that she considered me before taking to eBay to sell them off. I told her I'd at least pay for the shipping costs because she lives in Texas but she insisted I didn't have to. Those books will arrive July 12th and i'm very stoked about that.

I calculated my budget today and realized two things. One, I spent $12.68 on books when I really couldn't afford to. and two, I forgot to make a payment on one of my credit cards that was due yesterday, so I had to take out more money from my Savings account to get that paid today. I hope they forgive me because i'm usually excellent at making my payments on time and it wasn't even a day late. As for my stupidity on paying more than I had on books I redid the math for my paychecks and figured out a way to make up for it so that was very relieving.

I feel kind of stupid. I keep buying books off Amazon and eBay for around $7.00 each. My local library has a mini bookshop inside and they have older novels 2 for $1.00. The $12 dollars I've spent on books online I could have gotten 24 books! I didn't realize that until it was too late and the last book was already shipped out. I hate my... ditsy moments where I just don't think things through. I suppose I lack quite a bit of common sense. The novel by Nancy was in good intentions though. I thought it was a novel both my mother and I would enjoy.

From now on I won't be buying any books online unless they are newer and at a ridiculously good price. The library's 2 for $1.00 is an unbeatable price and they often sell newer novels for about $2.50 or so which is still an amazing price considering. The library is not even 200 feet away from my house so I can shop and bring the novels home right after, don't have to wait for them to be delivered by mail. Which is awesome because I get a tad anxious about things like that. It's like "when is it gonna come... when is it gonna come?" I even have a package tracker app on my phone but it doesn't help much because it's never 100% accurate. Just keeping myself busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment