Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Mom

Mom


You took me in when I had nowhere to go,
Your love for me quickly did grow.
You couldn't lose me or it'd break your heart,
So you fought hard to keep me, you did more than your part.
While I was young you gave all the love you could,
to make sure I had a carefree and happy childhood.
You dealt with the pain as I grew up,
You were there for me for every last hiccup.
You saw the birth of two of my three children,
I ended up not being such a burden.
You wiped my tears whenever I cried,
you saw right through me whenever I lied.
You are the best mom a girl to wish for,
I am more like you stubborn and caring down to the core.
We have similar tastes in movies, that's great,
You always wanted to know details of an upcoming date.
You took me out to eat during a bad storm,
I kinda wish I had your talent in art form.
You never gave up on me even when you should,
You had raised me to be the best that I could.
I grew up responsible, I grew up with compassion,
I hope I could give your life some satisfaction.
I know I'm not perfect by any means,
but you try to see the best in me given my genes.
I love you with all of my heart,
In this world I hope we never part.
I depend on you with much of my life,
While you watched my struggles and my strife.
We can joke and we can cry,
But we'll always be mom and daughter, by and by

No comments:

Post a Comment