Thursday, July 13, 2017

Completely Complex

Completely Complex

I am a completely complex person. I always manage to dig myself out of sticky situations and honestly, I'm not quite sure how I do it myself. I try to explain to my mom how I've figured something out and she looks at me completely baffled. I suppose i'm as smart as her in my own way. Things that I make sound so confusing make sense in my head. It's funny, i'm horrible at math but I always seem to get out of a funk these days and not quite sure myself how I manage.

My account withdrew $12.97 for some scam "free shipping" site that wasn't accurate in their free shipping anyway. That money was supposed to be going to Child Support payments and/or my Braces down payment. I had to transfer funds from my savings into my checking to eliminate my overdrawn money so I wouldn't get hit with an Overdraft fee which can cost $36.00. I thought I was royally fucked in regards to my savings because I had borrowed money previous times for a couple purchases I had made on books like the impulsive idiot that I am.

I was looking at my budget today, as I do damn near daily trying to figure out how to work my impulsive shopping sprees into it and discovered something that had me feeling awesome and extremely relieved. I had thought I would have to cut down my e-cigarette money to pay off the savings money and pathetically asked my mom if she could cover those expenses this week. I also thought I may have to push my appointment back to a later date. I found a little positive fuck up in my budget that would benefit me greatly, that in the end I wouldn't have to have her pay for my bad habit after all or reschedule my appointment which makes me feel responsible and accomplished.

I had 5 weeks between this month's and next month's Child Support payment and I usually save up the money in a 4 week time span as indicated in my budget. One of the weeks ended up being money I could play with. I will be putting that money into my savings for my braces down payment, some towards the library Fill-A-Bag for $4.00 book sale, and toward lunch for the week. Hey, why not? it's another $36.72 I can play with. So now I officially will have the $446.88 saved up for both of my payments. with $16.93 left to spare. I'm cutting it close by $0.93 but I rarely have any surprises except for my bank's monthly maintenance fee which I had already paid for the month and now has been added to my budget for future reference.

I can't get over how relieved I am at this discovery, It's enough to make anyone feel good and like an, at least somewhat responsible adult. If I could only not do any impulsive shopping I wouldn't have to worry so much about going through my budget every day trying to milk every penny for it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment