Tuesday, July 18, 2017

My Birthday

My Birthday



My birthday was yesterday and I turned 29 years young. I woke up pretty early even though I was intending to sleep in a while. the morning started out with a few birthday wishes from my friends on Facebook. My sister asked me if I would like her to make Dutch Baby Pancakes for breakfast in which case I said "Sure but I probably won't be able to eat a whole one. They're actually pretty big and I ended up only eating a half of one. My mother gave me my first gift. It was a new outfit of a nice top and a pair of jean shorts which were really nice because they weren't short shorts that i'd have to wear leggings under.




After that my birthday made a downward turn. I got a call from "Microsoft" and they hacked my PC and robbed me of $159.95 for a "protection plan" I agreed expecting my debit card to decline but it went through anyway. I had to switch my braces money into my checking account to avoid a $37 overdraw fee. Not only did that happen but from switching money from accounts I also got hit with two transfer fees of $15 each which left me $15 short of my Child Support money. I told my mom and sister what happened. My mom made me feel like a fool for not telling her while it was happening and my sister was more worried about whether or not I was going to pay my Child Support money that month. As if she can not be money hungry for a few minutes.

I called my brother on his thoughts about the event and he told me "you were fucking scammed" and told me what I should do next. I called my bank to complain about the fees that It was bullshit. I went off on the bank operator thanks to my bad morning but did apologize to her at the end of the call. Luckily they refunded one of the 2 fees. Next I called Dell to find out how I can stop the hacking that was still in progress and I ended up having to factory reset my laptop losing all my downloaded movies as well as the custom content for my PC games.

I then called back the bank to claim a credit fraud report. I think it'll have a positive outcome because the details were mainly true. My PC was hacked and I did have my credit card information saved into my browser. I also had to cancel my braces appointment at the dentist and that I would call back when I had the funds available for the down payment. That will be around August 18th so not too bad of a blow. I learned my lesson greatly that day and will no longer be sucked into such a scam. The worst thing as even though they took advantage of me, they had the audacity to wish me a happy birthday.

Due to my frustration, my mom let me open another gift which was a beautiful rose gold colored choker necklace. Unfortunately, it didn't fit around my thick neck so she went out to buy a chain extender. I was comforted by all the Facebook birthday wishes and a couple by my family. My birth mom, 2 birth uncles, and a birth aunt all wished me a happy birthday. Even a couple of my adoptive siblings wished me one in texts aside from my adoptive parents, my sister, and my one brother who all got to send me wishes in person.

My brother volunteered to take my son to the library while I worked with Dell to resolve the hacking issue. They told me to first turn off the Wi-Fi to prevent the hackers regaining access to my laptop. Then to reset it to factory settings that it should undo anything done to my laptop. That took a few hours on top of having to reinstall all of my programs, games, movies, and custom content and mods for said games. I even got a few games and movies I didn't already have on my computer.

The birthday dinner of Seafood Gumbo was simmering on the stove. It was even more delicious than the aroma suggested. My mom and dad worked hard to make it for me. Honestly I wasn't crazy about the imitation crab meat but I was trying to make it a little cheaper for my mom and suggested it. Real crab meat goes for $14.00 and I figured my mom was going to be spending more than enough on presents because she always spoils me on my birthday.




My mom let me open my last present. I knew from earlier that it was a new purse and I was eager to open it to see what it looked like. It was a light lavender color and from Nine West through Macy's. I was in love with it and was excited to transfer all my purse items into it and was proud to sport it to work today. Doesn't hurt that my sister was somewhat jealous of me even though she's the one who picked it out.



This evening we're going to have the pies my mom bought. She managed to snag my favorite which is Banana Cream pie. Unfortunately, my co-workers forgot when my birthday was even though I've been here two years. That was a bit of a bummer honestly. I don't even want to be here today because I feel so excluded. They made sure to remember everyone else's birthday and had a little birthday occasion for them with cupcakes and birthday cards. I wonder why i'm so easily forgotten...

No comments:

Post a Comment