Thursday, September 7, 2017

Nostalgia

Nostalgia



Yesterday I came across my middle child's ultrasounds I found my youngest's on my old Facebook page. My youngest and myself had throwback moments pouring over baby pictures. I had many of my middle and youngest sons so we swiped through them in Facebook albums and I explained to him that these were the time they were in my belly.

I remember the pictures, My middle son's first Christmas and his first candy cane. Their births and how I cried tears of joy when I held them in my arms for the first time. How my middle son peed on me right after they handed him to me. The pain of going through a completely natural child birth because I was being a stubborn ass and refused all medications as well as an epidural. I had told my mom "I can do this." when she had advised me to accept the pain meds, and I did do it without.

I remember my two children's new born days. Washing bottles, giving baths, taking naps with them and feeding time. After my youngest's birth I lost sleep just because I couldn't stop staring with adoring eyes. He was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes on. Their little hands gripping my finger. the skin-to-skin bonding time. I rarely ever put them in the nursery to get any sleep. I had to have them by my side at all times.

I reminisced over their ultrasounds about how the ultrasound tech said my middle son flipped her the bird and caught it in a picture. You wouldn't believe it wasn't photo shopped except I have the original photo strip. My youngest was a hider he was always flipped backward so you couldn't get a good shot.

The whole time I was looking over pictures it gave me a sense of baby fever. How I miss having a precious newborn around. I didn't know then that my children would be a pain in the ass. They definitely have their own varied personalities. Even from birth they did. My middle son always was easy to keep happy and slept most of the time. While he was awake he just stayed bundled in his swing and looked around. My youngest was a bit more demanding. He cried for attention often and wouldn't leave my side.

It's sad how fast they grow up. In the blink of an eye their already a year or two older. You really have to cherish the moments and I do with taking tons of pictures. One day they're going to be grown men when it seems like just the day before they were born. Time really flies when you have blessed children.

No comments:

Post a Comment